Job Type: Full time
Would you like to work in a supportive, collaborative and innovative company?
Do you enjoy working as part of an enthusiastic, passionate, and collaborative team?
Join our Service Architecture team
Softcat's Service Architecture team are an integral part of our Services Business. Our Service Architects shape and design quality business-wide services and are the focal point at Softcat for all activities surrounding operational service design and architecture.
Success. The Softcat Way.
Softcat is a £1billion+ pa turnover technology solutions business and trusted partner to names like Apple, Microsoft and Adobe. Offering a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security and IT infrastructure, we give our technical teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. This is where to achieve more for your career.
Do you have the eye for detail and want to create service designs?
As a Service Designer, you will be focussed on the design of services for Softcat and our Customers, taking responsibility for creating service design processes and procedures that contractually and operationally meet the specified requirements, while ensuring that relevant service strategies, policies, standards and practices (including security) are applied correctly. Working closely with the Service Development team, you will support the development, build and delivery of new services as well as enhance existing offerings.
As a Service Designer, you'll be responsible for:
- Creating and managing operational service designs, to include process maps, RACI's and supporting collateral
- Engaging with our Solutions teams and Customers to scope and agree customer specific processes and interfaces
- Working with relevant internal teams to create process and integration design of tools and systems for our services
- Contributing and assisting with planning for service introduction
- Collabarating with all appropriate internal teams, work with relevant Third Parties to agree and create integrated service offerings
- Assuring the architecture quality of each service you design, ensuring that these are accurate, robust, and well communicated to all relevant teams
- Contributeingto the review and improvement of existing services
What we need from you
- ITIL (v4), with an awareness and understanding of other service methodologies such as SIAM, Agile and Lean beneficial
- Demonstrable experience of working in a highly analytical way to find creative solutions to design challenges
- Excellent written and oral skills, with the ability to present information clearly, persuasively, and elegantly, ensuring effective communication
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships within a cross-functional virtual team and with key stakeholders
- Ability to spot new opportunities to improve services through people, processes, and tools
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Hybrid working 2-3 days in the office and 2-3 days working from home
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We're welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.
As part of our commitment to supporting, attracting and retaining the best diverse talent, Softcat is proud to partner with organisations like WORK180, My G Work and Black Young Professionals. Work 180 endorse employers that demonstrate on-going support for women at work, including offering benefits and policies that best support female employees. My G Work support us in our aim of attracting more LGBTQ+ talent. The BYP network support us in diversifying our talent pool by tapping into the black professional community.