Programme Delivery Director
Job Type: Full time
Are you currently delivering largescale IT business system transformation (ERP, CRM, ITSM systems)?
Have you driven organisation wide internal systems change?
Join our IT Team
IT systems play a pivotal role in Softcat's success. As our business grows and evolves it is essential we have a set of reliable, scalable yet flexible systems that can drive us forward. This team is responsible for the design, delivery and management of these key business applications. In support we work in cross-functionally in conjunction with an ever-increasing number of Vendors, Partners and internal stakeholders.
Success. The Softcat Way.
Softcat is a major UK success story in technology solutions. We're a £1 billion+ pa turnover business with offices nationwide and a sterling industry reputation. We help customers to use technology to succeed, by putting our employees first. Our success is down to our people – and the platform we give them to prove their potential.
Does your current role see you planning a current internal IT strategy within complex business system landscapes?
The Programme Delivery Director is an internally facing role responsible for leading largescale business system transformation projects/programmes for Softcat that will significantly improve the experience of employees and customers alike.
You will be responsible for planning and defining IT strategy, driving systems change and executing projects that support Softcat's vision and goals.
The role will see you working with an experienced team of IT experts and business leaders from Softcat's sales, operations and finance teams, with key stakeholders in Softcat's senior leadership team; providing regular updates to all levels of the organisation on all aspects of the transformation programmes that you're managing.
You'll also be responsible for:
- Delivering large/complex programmes and projects (scoping, project planning, costing, risk and change management, QA, and reporting)
- Evaluating, selecting and negotiating contracts (MSAs and SOWs) with partners and managing 3rd party relationships
- Ensuring programmes and projects are delivered successfully in accordance with Softcat's methodologies, processes and standards
- Responsibility for ensuring high-level stakeholder satisfaction is achieved through strong delivery management and regular communication
- Providing leadership/mentorship to members of the project team and other stakeholders, including motivating project teams
We'd love you to have
- A track record of managing e2e business systems transformation programmes in mid-tier enterprise environments with £5m+ budgets
- Experience delivering business transformation in interdependent programmes of work: ERP/Finance, CRM/CPQ, ITSM, Sales Forecasting, HR/HCM, MI/BI
- Matrix management experience, directing the work of cross-functional teams where many of the resources aren't your reports
- Contract management experience with ownership of all 3rd party relationships (onshore, nearshore & offshore)
- Knowhow of creating proposals, PIDs, SOWs, project budgets and gaining buy-in for these from senior stakeholders
- Experience provisioning financial/cost management, and planning skills using MS Project (with PMP or Prince 2 accreditations)
- This hire can only be aligned to our Marlow office (with travel to our other offices as required)
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Hybrid working –three days in the office and two days working from home
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
As part of our commitment to supporting, attracting and retaining the best diverse talent, Softcat is proud to partner with organisations like WORK180, My G Work and Black Young Professionals. Work 180 endorse employers that demonstrate on-going support for women at work, including offering benefits and policies that best support female employees. My G Work support us in our aim of attracting more LGBTQ+ talent. The BYP network support us in diversifying our talent pool by tapping into the black professional community.