Job Type: Full time
Have you led internal IT Teams spanning Business Systems, Data Services and IT Operations?
Do you have a track record of success in driving enterprise-wide systems change in support of organisational visions and goals?
Join our IT Team
IT systems play a pivotal role in Softcat's success. As our business grows and evolves it is essential we have a set of reliable, scalable yet flexible systems that can drive us forward. This team is responsible for the design, delivery and management of these key business applications. In support we work in cross-functionally in conjunction with an ever-increasing number of Vendors, Partners and internal stakeholders.
Success. The Softcat Way.
Softcat is a major UK success story in technology solutions. We're a £1 billion+ pa turnover business with offices nationwide and a sterling industry reputation. We help customers to use technology to succeed, by putting our employees first. Our success is down to our people – and the platform we give them to prove their potential.
Have you had accountability for an internal IT strategy covering core business systems?
The IT Director is an internal facing role responsible for leading Softcat's operational IT teams across Business Systems, Data Services and IT Operations. The IT Director is also responsible for managing the relationship with key third party partners and suppliers.
You will be responsible for planning and defining IT strategy across core business systems, driving systems change and executing projects that support Softcat's vision and goals.
The role will see you working with an experienced team of IT experts and business leaders from Softcat's sales, operations and finance teams, with key stakeholders in Softcat's senior leadership team.
The attached job description is more detailed, but some of what you'll be responsible for includes:
- Developing a technology strategy and target architecture that's aligned with Softcat's business priorities and objectives
- Creating the best solutions between commercially purchased and cloud-based platforms alongside in-house developed technology
- Developing new processes to promote data integrity, data governance, and data compliance
- Managing and budgeting across Business Systems, Data Services and IT Operations
- Ensuring programmes and projects are delivered successfully in accordance with Softcat's methodologies, processes and standards
- Working to ensure our systems/processes are compliant with Softcat's cyber security standards and risks are mitigated
We'll love you to have
- Previous senior IT leadership role (Director/Head of) managing operational processes, systems and enterprise-wide IT transformation programmes
- A track record of delivering full lifecycle business system development, integration, testing and upgrades
- Previous ownership of third party relationships (including onshore, near shore & offshore)
- Strong commercial acumen and contract management experience; knowledge and experience with IT controls, compliance and governance
- Experience in creating and delivering technology strategy including gaining buy-in from senior stakeholders up to C-suite
- Success in developing the capability of IT teams and the maturity of their processes, tools and ways of working
- This hire will need to be aligned to our Marlow office
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Hybrid working –three days in the office and two days working from home
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
As part of our commitment to supporting, attracting and retaining the best diverse talent, Softcat is proud to partner with organisations like WORK180, My G Work and Black Young Professionals. Work 180 endorse employers that demonstrate on-going support for women at work, including offering benefits and policies that best support female employees. My G Work support us in our aim of attracting more LGBTQ+ talent. The BYP network support us in diversifying our talent pool by tapping into the black professional community.