Presales Solutions Engineer - Nutanix
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
Would you like to be part of a team that enables business growth?
Do you enjoy working as part of an enthusiastic, passionate, and collaborative team?
Join our Solutions Design Team
The Solutions Design department is made of two technical teams, each focusing on different areas of IT design. The Architecture team focuses on large complex architecture within big projects, whilst the Infrastructure team focuses on providing expertise within a project and dealing with foundational infrastructure work.
Success. The Softcat Way.
It's an exciting time to be at Softcat, one of the UK's most successful technology solutions businesses. We help customers to use technology to succeed, by putting our employees first. We've reached the £1 billion+ pa revenue milestone, opened our first office outside the UK and picked up a series of industry awards. We've got even bigger plans for the future. So, if you share our drive and ambition, get ready to achieve more from your career
Are you passionate about Nutanix?
The successful candidate will be key in developing, supporting, demonstrating Prism & initial sizing of Nutanix to progress new business opportunities, alongside protecting the existing customer base of Nutanix customers that exist. This is a perfect opportunity if you are looking to progress your career into becoming an Architect.
About The Role:
This will primarily be focused around supporting the Nutanix BDM (Business Development Manager), Softcat sales teams and DCC (Datacentre & Cloud) teams. You will also be responsible for driving live demonstrations of Nutanix Prism and initial early sales cycle BOM (Bill of Materials) sizing and assisting with enablement whilst having a comprehensive knowledge of the Nutanix portfolio.
You would be expected to undertake industry recognised certifications, supported by a combination of on-the-job and externally provided training from leading vendors in the datacentre space.
As a Solutions Architect specialising in Nutanix, you'll be responsible for:
- Working proactively with Nutanix funded BDM and channel manager on sales floor campaigns
- Taking and passing requisite presales engineer Nutanix courses and exams
- Maintaining strong relationships internally as well as with Nutanix
- Training and educating prospect customers on Nutanix technical value and sizing
- Supporting multiple sales opportunities with BDM and sales teams
What we need from you:
- Strong planning, organisation, and administration skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build rapport
- A desire to learn and understand information technology
- A proactive approach and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Hybrid working – 2-3days in the office and 2-3days working from home
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We're welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.