Finance Business Analyst - NetSuite
Location: Greater Manchester
Job Type: Full time
Would you like to kick start your career in a supportive, collaborative and innovative company?
Do you enjoy working as part of an enthusiastic, passionate, and collaborative team?
Join our Business Systems team
Softcat is a £1billion+ technology solutions business and trusted partner to names like Apple, Microsoft and Adobe. Offering a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security and IT infrastructure, we give our technical teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. This is where to achieve more for your career.
Success. The Softcat Way.
Softcat's approach is shaped on the business and IT priorities of its customers and our being able to advise on and provide the latest and best technology and services to help them succeed. To ensure we deliver a market-leading service, Softcat continually evolves its own digital solutions and internal business systems. The Finance Business Analyst is an internally facing role responsible for delivering continual enhancements to Softcat's financial management systems as well as being the finance lead in large-scale cross-functional business systems transformations.
As an experienced business systems analyst, you will be responsible for all BA artifacts during the full lifecycle of systems changes and projects, from requirements analysis and specification through to testing, training, and go-live. You will work with Softcat's finance, operations, sales, and IT subject matter experts (SMEs) and processes owners (POs) to document user stories and oversee the delivery of systems configuration, customisation, and development by Softcat's implementation partner as well as the internal IT teams. Working in a team of analysts, architects, developers, and project managers, you will lead the financial elements of small change requests through to large multi-person, multi-month projects.
As Finance Business Analyst, you'll be responsible for:
- Supporting the project manager in sprint planning including estimating the user story effort and the preparation of the sprint backlog
- Overseeing the delivery of user stories: providing detailed specifications to our partners and internal developers; managing the involvement of SMEs; tracking and reporting progress; identifying, recording, elaborating and resolving issues
- Guiding the finance SMEs and POs on best practice ERP implementation in relation to their requirements
- Identifying and recording areas of project risk and recommending mitigation actions
- Documenting data requirements and design (master data management, governance, cleansing, migration)
- Documenting reporting requirements and design (both financial and non-financial)
- Documenting integration requirements between NetSuite (our ERP system) and Softcat's other business systems
We'd love you to have
- Extensive full project lifecycle experience of working with both finance and IT teams to implement systems and process change.
NB It is most important that you have a robust working knowledge of financial/accounting practice combined with systems/data analysis experience. You are likely to have either worked in an IT team supporting, developing and implementing finance systems or worked in an accounts team being heavily involved in systems change.
- A proven track record of taking responsibility for delivering finance IT changes either solely or as a critical member of a team.
- An accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) or be qualified by experience.
- Advanced MS Excel skills and experience of analysing large datasets.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, including producing documentation such as user stories and requirements specifications, process flow diagrams, acceptance criteria and test cases
- Self-motivation and a passion for systems/process improvement
- Desirable but not essential
- Prior knowledge of working with NetSuite or similar ERP systems
- Experience of leading teams (direct reports and also staff who did not directly report to you)
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Hybrid working
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
As part of our commitment to supporting, attracting and retaining the best diverse talent, Softcat is proud to partner with organisations like WORK180, My G Work and Black Young Professionals. Work 180 endorse employers that demonstrate on-going support for women at work, including offering benefits and policies that best support female employees. My G Work support us in our aim of attracting more LGBTQ+ talent. The BYP network support us in diversifying our talent pool by tapping into the black professional community.