VMware Alliance Executive
Location: Greater Manchester
Job Type: Full time
Are you looking to join a team that innovates through technology?
Do you want to have an impact and join a business where you can make the difference?
Join our Vendor Alliance team
The Vendor Alliance team is responsible for the day-to-day relationship, management, and engagement; of a select number of Softcat's top vendor partners. The team is now forty strong and growing, spanning all Softcat locations, providing a service to every function within the organisation. This is an exciting opportunity to drive the success of one of the fastest growing vendors in Softcat supporting VMware. VMware is a global leader in virtualisation, cloud infrastructure and enterprise mobility solutions and is a reputable brand that is ranked in our top five vendors by revenue.
Success. The Softcat Way.
There's a uniqueness to Softcat – what we do, how we do it and why we do it. That's because we help customers to use technology to succeed, by putting our employees first. We give everyone the chance to step up and show how much they can achieve. We succeed when all our people succeed.
Drive the success of Softcat's VMware business
The successful candidate will be key in developing awareness, knowledge and sales across the VMware portfolio of products by building relationships with both Softcat and VMware Sales teams.
As a VMware Business manager, you'll be responsible for:
- Developing new business opportunities and building relationships with the VMware and Softcat teams
- Proactive pipeline management and maintaining strong relationships internally as well as with VMware
- Acting as main point of contact for sales related activity to streamline the engagement process
- Training new starters and sales enablement to maximise sales across the business
- Working on multiple deals and campaigns supporting sales opportunities
- Proactively cover all offices where sales are present and attend meetings at VMware offices
We would love you to have
- Previous experience in a customer facing role
- A passion for technology
- The proactivity to take ownership of your own business area and ability to integrate and work effectively
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work across multiple business areas
- The ability to build rapport quickly with both internal and external stakeholders
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Hybrid working –3 days in the office and 2days working from home
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
As part of our commitment to supporting, attracting and retaining the best diverse talent, Softcat is proud to partner with organisations like WORK180, My G Work and Black Young Professionals. Work 180 endorse employers that demonstrate on-going support for women at work, including offering benefits and policies that best support female employees. My G Work support us in our aim of attracting more LGBTQ+ talent. The BYP network support us in diversifying our talent pool by tapping into the black professional community.