Job Type: Full time
Would you like to kick start your career in a supportive, collaborative and innovative company?
Do you enjoy working as part of an enthusiastic, passionate, and collaborative team?
Join our Credit Underwriting and Risk team
The credit underwriting and risk team is a business critical, growing, and dynamic team led by the Head of Credit & Commercial risk who reports into the Group Financial Controller. The team work closely with the sales team, financial reporting, and various areas of business operations. The credit underwriting team are ultimately responsible for the management, underwriting, and control of credit exposure to the business in what is a rapidly evolving environment.
Success. The Softcat Way.
There's a uniqueness to Softcat – what we do, how we do it and why we do it. That's because we help customers to use technology to succeed, by putting our employees first. We give everyone the chance to step up and show how much they can achieve. We succeed when all our people succeed.
Be part of a team that enables business growth
This role will be a key member of our growing credit underwriting and risk team supporting our rapidly growing and dynamic IT solutions business. This passionate, highly numerate underwriter will work closely with our finance and sales teams as well as external stakeholders, insurance brokers and customers alike, to maintain credit risk controls within an existing framework and provide a unique service to our customers.
As a Credit Underwriter, you'll be responsible for:
- To deliver timely credit decisions within stated credit parameters and own underwriting authority. Provide commercially balanced recommendations, balancing risk whilst driving business and supporting customer requirements.
- Make recommendations with supporting substantiated rationale on deals outside of own personal credit underwriting mandate.
- Assist with the day-to-day credit management and decision-making process.
- Work with other areas of the Business to ensure correct lending decisions and fair outcomes for customers.
- Delivering operational effectiveness and excellence within the business area, achieving KPI targets and objectives set by the business.
We'd love you to have
- We are looking for a highly numerate and motivated individual with demonstrative experience in a credit underwriting role.
- Proven analytical skills with ability to document findings and make recommendations.
- Strength of character to stand by decisions and explain to those less familiar with credit risk.
- Demonstrable ability to think around a subject, considering risk implications of our current policies and procedure.
- Ability to take calculated risks with favourable outcomes.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Hybrid working – 3days in the office and 2days working from home
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
As part of our commitment to supporting, attracting and retaining the best diverse talent, Softcat is proud to partner with organisations like WORK180, My G Work and Black Young Professionals. Work 180 endorse employers that demonstrate on-going support for women at work, including offering benefits and policies that best support female employees. My G Work support us in our aim of attracting more LGBTQ+ talent. The BYP network support us in diversifying our talent pool by tapping into the black professional community.