Test Automation Engineer
Location: West Midlands
Job Type: Full time
Would you like to kick start your career in a supportive, collaborative and innovative company?
Do you enjoy working as part of an enthusiastic, passionate, and collaborative team?
Join our Business Systems
IT systems play a pivotal role in Softcat's success. As our business grows and evolves it is essential, we have a set of reliable, scalable yet flexible systems. The Business Systems Team are responsible for the design, delivery, and management of these key business applications. In support we work in conjunction with an ever-increasing number of Vendors, Partners, and Softcat Stakeholders.
Success. The Softcat Way.
Softcat is a £1billion+ technology solutions business and trusted partner to names like Apple, Microsoft and Adobe. Offering a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security and IT infrastructure, we give our technical teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. This is where to achieve more for your career.
As a Test Automation Engineer, you will play a critical role in ensuring the quality and reliability of our software products through automated testing. You will work closely with the development and quality assurance teams to design, implement, and execute automated test scripts. Your expertise in test automation tools and frameworks will be crucial in establishing a robust and efficient testing process.
As Test Automation Engineer, you'll be responsible for:
- Design, develop, and maintain automated test scripts using appropriate test automation frameworks and tools.
- Collaborate with the development team to understand software requirements and design test cases for automated testing.
- Create and maintain reusable automated test suites to cover different aspects of the application, including functional, integration, and regression testing.
- Participate in test planning sessions to help define the overall testing strategy, approach, and scope.
- Identify test scenarios suitable for automation, based on risk analysis and business priorities.
- Contribute to the selection and evaluation of appropriate test automation tools and technologies.
- Execute automated test scripts and analyse test results to identify defects and areas of improvement.
We'd love you to have
- Proven experience as a Test Automation Engineer or similar role.
- Hands-on experience with test automation tools and frameworks, such as Selenium, Playwright, Appium, TestNG, JUnit, Cucumber, etc.
- Familiarity with version control systems (e.g., Git) and continuous integration tools (e.g., Jenkins, Travis CI).
- Solid understanding of software testing principles, methodologies, and practices.
- Experience with performance testing tools like JMeter or Gatling.
- Knowledge of API testing and tools like Postman or SoapUI.
- Understanding of Behaviour-Driven Development (BDD) principles.
- Certifications in software testing or test automation (e.g., ISTQB, Selenium WebDriver).
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Hybrid working
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
As part of our commitment to supporting, attracting and retaining the best diverse talent, Softcat is proud to partner with organisations like WORK180, My G Work and Black Young Professionals. Work 180 endorse employers that demonstrate on-going support for women at work, including offering benefits and policies that best support female employees. My G Work support us in our aim of attracting more LGBTQ+ talent. The BYP network support us in diversifying our talent pool by tapping into the black professional community.