Technical 2nd Line Service Desk Shift Engineer
Location: Greater Manchester
Job Type: Full time
Would you like to kick start your career in a supportive, collaborative and innovative company?
Do you enjoy working as part of an enthusiastic, passionate, and collaborative team?
Join our Service Desk Team
The Service Desk are a proficient, fast-paced, and exciting team who are committed to providing excellent customer service. As expected on any support desk it can be challenging but is also extremely rewarding when you see the issue through to resolution.
Success. The Softcat Way.
Softcat is a £1billion+ technology solutions business and trusted partner to names like Apple, Microsoft, and Adobe. Offering a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security, and IT infrastructure, we give our technical teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. This is where to achieve more for your career.
Do you want to make change happen by joining a team that never stands still?
You will get involved in exciting technologies such as Managed Print, Connectivity, Networking, Security, Microsoft, Storage & Virtualisation and Cyber Security.
About the Role:
In this role you will be primarily responsible for ensuring that all necessary support tickets are progressed in the Second line support queue.
As a Technical 2nd Line Service Desk Shift Engineer, you'll be responsible for:
- Progressing All Incidents, service requests, changes and problems that are assigned to the Second Line support queue
- Assigning any tickets which are unable to be resolved by second line to 3rd line teams, whilst ensuring the ticket quality is of a high standard
- Managing ticket updates to all customers, 3rd parties and Vendors through to resolution
- Meeting Service Desk Key Performance Indicators (KPI) as set by the Service Desk leadership Team
- Maintaining high levels of incident ownership through the incident lifecycle to a satisfactory customer resolution
- Attending the Change Advisory Board (CAB) and Problem Review meetings
We'd love you to have:
- Articulate; ability to communicate clearly and persuasively
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Motivated, competitive and results driven
- Able to work independently and as part of a team, with a ‘can do' attitude
- Ability to manage and prioritise requirements, whilst maintaining a focus on quality work
- Good time management, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment to meet SLA's
Shift Pattern: 4 on / 4 off (7am - 7pm / 7pm - 7am) rotation
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Hybrid working – 2-3days in the office and 2-3days working from home
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
As part of our commitment to supporting, attracting and retaining the best diverse talent, Softcat is proud to partner with organisations like WORK180, My G Work and Black Young Professionals. Work 180 endorse employers that demonstrate on-going support for women at work, including offering benefits and policies that best support female employees. My G Work support us in our aim of attracting more LGBTQ+ talent. The BYP network support us in diversifying our talent pool by tapping into the black professional community.