Expert Security Engineer L3
Location: Greater Manchester
Job Type: Full time
Would you like to work in a supportive, collaborative and innovative company?
Do you enjoy working as part of an enthusiastic, passionate, and collaborative team?
Join our Cyber Operations team
The Softcat Cyber Operations teams provides our customers with cyber security monitoring, analysis, assessment and remediation.
Success. The Softcat Way.
Softcat is a £1billion+ technology solutions business and trusted partner to names like Apple, Microsoft, and Adobe. Offering a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security, and IT infrastructure, we give our technical teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. This is where to achieve more for your career.
Do you want to make change happen by joining a team that never stands still?
Working as part of our Cyber Operations team, you'll be running our Engineering function, responsible for designing, deploying, configuring, and maintaining the tools used by Cyber Services. These include SOAR, multiple SIEM platforms, Threat Intelligence, assessment and reporting systems.
As an Expert Security Engineer L3, you'll be responsible for:
- Developing Softcat's Cyber Services in line with industry-leading practices and customer demand
- Leading a team of engineers to develop security tooling, automation, best practice and efficiency across the platforms
- Being a Subject Matter Expert for Security Engineering and surrounding technical practices
- Working with external 3rd parties and Partners responsible for supporting tools and platforms
- Working with customers and internal stakeholders to identify development and improvement opportunities, design systems and integrations
- Maintaining, developing, and continually evaluating cyber intelligence practices to increase effectiveness and timeliness of the services
We'd love you to have:
- Experience leading a diverse team of engineers and related roles; supporting, training, and mentoring junior team members; identifying development and training plans; and building long-term team capabilities
- Strong experience with SOAR platforms, such as Swimlane, XSOAR, etc essential
- Strong experience with SIEM and related information security management platforms, such as Microsoft Sentinel, AlienVault, Elastic, EDR/MDR tools, vulnerability management platforms etc
- Organised, with strong communication skills both written and oral, and with the ability to translate and deliver technical information to a non-technical audience
- A background in DevOps or DevSecOps is advantageous
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Hybrid working – 2-3 days in the office and 2-3 days working from home
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
As part of our commitment to supporting, attracting and retaining the best diverse talent, Softcat is proud to partner with organisations like WORK180, My G Work and Black Young Professionals. Work 180 endorse employers that demonstrate on-going support for women at work, including offering benefits and policies that best support female employees. My G Work support us in our aim of attracting more LGBTQ+ talent. The BYP network support us in diversifying our talent pool by tapping into the black professional community.