Business Systems Analyst (Data)
Location: Greater Manchester
Job Type: Full time
*This role cannot be aligned to our London office. Please ensure you only select an office listed on the left of this advert, as we will not be able to consider your candidacy otherwise*
Do you have a background as a Business Analyst working on data-related projects as part of IT transformation programmes?
Can you show a track-record of data modelling, building conceptual and logical data models and creating data requirements?
Join our Business Systems Team
IT systems play a pivotal role in Softcat's success. As our business grows and evolves it is essential, we have a set of reliable, scalable yet flexible systems. The Business Systems Team are responsible for the design, delivery, and management of these key business applications. In support we work in conjunction with an ever-increasing number of Vendors, Partners, and Softcat Stakeholders.
Success. The Softcat Way.
Softcat is one of the UK's leading technology solutions businesses. Thanks to the success and growth of our services, we offer an increasingly broad range of tech careers. There could be a bright future for you if you're interested in software, networking, analytics, or cyber security.
Have you collaborated cross-functionally on complex IT business systems' related projects involving data, working with diverse sets of stakeholders, as a Business Analyst?
As Business Analyst (Data) you will act as a bridge between the Business Systems Team and the wider Softcat business. You will bring a process, data, and quality focus to IT's engagement as we scope and deliver a variety of projects. Your role will demand end to end involvement in each initiative; initially by ensuring that business processes and requirements are fully understood and, subsequently, that good quality user stories and test scenarios are fed into our design and development processes. You will take pride in providing high quality stakeholder engagement as you manage their business needs end to end through to Test and Release.
This role will be focused more to working on projects that have a focus on data and working with the Head of Data Services as Softcat progresses through our digital transformation journey.
Your remit will see you representing our IT strategy out into the business, taking opportunities to educate, inform and validate.
You'll also be responsible for:
- Leading scoping workshops with business stakeholders and partners; building process and data flows alongside process owners
- Building conceptual and logical data models, process, and data flows alongside internal process owners
- Documenting functional and non-functional business requirements, converting them into use cases and data requirements
- Working with solution architects and technical leads to build out high level designs for solution playback
- Overseeing IT design and development activity, tracking and reporting progress; identifying, recording, and resolving issues / blockers
- Playing an active part in QA / Testing of new developments and co-ordinating User Acceptance Testing activity
We'd love you to have:
- Exposure to data related projects building conceptual and logical data models and creating data requitements
- An understanding of data modelling techniques
- Exceptional verbal/written communication skills, particularly around producing documents such as requirements specifications, etc.
- Influencing skills showing the ability to obtain buy-in, overcome resistance, drive behavioural change, new ways of working
- Demonstrable exposure to core business applications principally covering ITSM, CRM, Finance, Web Apps and Data/BI Solutions
- Background in a multinational/international business, with relevant qualifications or experience, along with Business Analysis accreditations
- If this hire is aligned to one of the offices stated in the advert other than Marlow, they will be required to travel to Marlow regularly
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Hybrid working – three days in the office and twodays working from home
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We're welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.