Business Systems Analyst
Job Type: Full time
Would you like to kick start your career in a supportive, collaborative and innovative company?
Do you enjoy working as part of an enthusiastic, passionate, and collaborative team?
Join our Business Systems team!
IT systems play a pivotal role in Softcat's success. As our business grows and evolves it is essential, we have a set of reliable, scalable yet flexible systems. The Business Systems Team are responsible for the design, delivery, and management of these key business applications. In support we work in conjunction with an ever-increasing number of Vendors, Partners, and Softcat Stakeholders.
Success. The Softcat Way.
Softcat is one of the UK's leading technology solutions businesses. Thanks to the success and growth of our services, we offer an increasingly broad range of tech careers. There could be a bright future for you if you're interested in software, networking, analytics, or cyber security.
As Business Systems Analyst you will act as a bridge between the Business Systems Team and the wider Softcat business. You will bring a process, data, and quality focus to IT's engagement as we scope and deliver a variety of projects. Your role will demand end to end involvement in each initiative; initially by ensuring that business processes and requirements are fully understood and, subsequently, that good quality user stories and test scenarios are fed into our design and development processes. You will take pride in providing high quality stakeholder engagement as you manage their business needs end to end through to Test and Release.
As Business Systems (Finance) Analyst, you'll be responsible for:
- Leading scoping workshops with business stakeholders and partners
- Buildingprocess and data flows alongside internal process owners
- Documenting functional and non-functional business requirements
- Working with solution architects and technical leads to build out high level designs for solution playback.
- Assessing business benefit and playing an active role in prioritisation and planning activity
- Overseeing IT design and development activity, tracking and reporting progress; identifying, recording, and resolving issues / blockers.
- Representing our IT strategy out into the business, taking opportunities to educate, inform and validate.
- Playing an active part in QA / Testing of new developments and co-ordinating User Acceptance Testing activity
- Working closely with the IT Operations Team to ensure that appropriate support provision is factored into project planning.
We'd love you to have
- Strong communication skills – both verbal and written including producing documents such as requirements specifications, process maps solution designs and communication plans
- Influencing skills
- Some demonstrable exposure to core business applications principally covering IT Services Management but extending to other areas such as a CRM, Finance, Web Apps and Data / BI Solutions
- Experience in a Multinational/International business.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Hybrid working – 3 days in the office and 2 days working from home
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
As part of our commitment to supporting, attracting and retaining the best diverse talent, Softcat is proud to partner with organisations like WORK180, My G Work and Black Young Professionals. Work 180 endorse employers that demonstrate on-going support for women at work, including offering benefits and policies that best support female employees. My G Work support us in our aim of attracting more LGBTQ+ talent. The BYP network support us in diversifying our talent pool by tapping into the black professional community.