Job Type: Full time
Would you like to kick start your career in a supportive, collaborative and innovative company?
Do you enjoy working as part of an enthusiastic, passionate, and collaborative team?
Please note this role is a 12 month Fixed Term Contract
Join our Credit Control Team
You will be part of a largeteam of Credit Controllers. The main focus of the team is to collect overdue and outstanding debt owed to the business, whilst also helping to resolve account queries and ensuring there is a smooth process from point of order to payment of the account.
Success. The Softcat Way.
There's a uniqueness to Softcat – what we do, how we do it and why we do it. That's because we help customers to use technology to succeed, by putting our employees first. We give everyone the chance to step up and show how much they can achieve. We succeed when all our people succeed
Be part of a team that enables business growth
We are looking for a Credit Controller, to help support our team, and to take on collections for around 700-800 accounts. The main purpose of the role is to collect overdue payments whilst still maintaining the high levels of customer care, since Softcat takes pride in the level of support that we offer.
As a Credit Controller, you'll be responsible for:
- Building and sustaining strong relationships with our Customers, Sales teams and also with the other business operation departments within Softcat
- Chasing and collecting payment of invoices that are owed to Softcat
- Can work on your own, to secure these payments by both telephone and E-mail collection.
- Work closely with both the Sales team and Customer Service team, to help resolve any queries that are bought to your attention by our customers
- Updating our internal systems, to make sure thorough notes are kept on all forms of communication relating to each customer
Full training will be provided for the right candidate.
We'd love you to have
- A proven record of Credit Control work, with the ability to hit the ground running
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience of dealing with the Public Sector (desirable)
- Excellent communication skills with a passion for working with people and the ability to quickly build and sustain strong relationships. Effective negotiation skills – Accounts Payable Assistant through to Director level
- Strong planning, organisation, and administration skills with use of internal systems and Excel
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Hybrid working – 3days in the office and 2 days working from home
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We're welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.