Credit Control Manager
Job Type: Full time
Would you like to kick start your career in a supportive, collaborative and innovative company?
Do you enjoy working as part of an enthusiastic, passionate, and collaborative team?
This role is required to be based in our Marlow Office.
Join our Credit Control Team
Softcat is a FTSE 250 IT Reseller that values culture and people as key to success. The Credit Control team is responsible for collecting unpaid monies owed to Softcat. The team consists of 27 members across Credit Control, Credit Control Ops, Leasing, and covers the UK ledger as well as multinational branch ledgers in the US, Singapore, Australia, Ireland, Hong Kong, and the Netherlands.
Success. The Softcat Way.
Softcat is a major UK success story in technology solutions. We're a £1 billion+ pa turnover business with offices nationwide and a sterling industry reputation. We help customers to use technology to succeed, by putting our employees first. Our success is down to our people – and the platform we give them to prove their potential.
Be part of a team that enables business growth
The Credit Control Manager will be responsible for the Credit Control function and team. They will ensure that processes and controls are in place to support the efficient and timely collection of customer payments. The CC Manager will need to build relationships with both customers and internal stakeholders to understand how improvements can be made and to adjust as the business continues to grow and evolve. Aged debt reporting to the SLT, target setting, and building a team with good structure and accountability will be a key part of success in this role. Technology and automation are areas which can further enhance efficiency and job satisfaction and following a recent ERP system change, will be a focus for this person.
As a Credit Control Manager, you'll be responsible for:
- Managing 5 direct reports, conducting 121s, performance management and feedback.
- Taking teams to the next level in terms of processes, systems, and resource.
- Dealing directly with customer or sales issues when required to ensure swift resolution.
- Reviewing debtor/creditor aging and team performance.
- Introducing improvements such as automated dunning and direct debit facilities.
- Working closely with the credit assessment teams to ensure bad debt is managed carefully.
- Creating reports and reporting to CEO/CFO level.
- Ensuring that the finance department is a fun and engaging place to work.
We'd love you to have
- A credit related qualification (CICM) preferred but not essential.
- Experience within a Credit function.
- A proven record of managing large teams and taking them on the journey with you.
- Experience of improving processes and teams.
- A vision, to both communicate and work towards.
- Somebody with an excellent attitude and a want to learn and develop.
- Excellent written, verbal, communication, and thought skills.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Hybrid working – 3 days in the office and 2days working from home
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
As part of our commitment to supporting, attracting and retaining the best diverse talent, Softcat is proud to partner with organisations like WORK180, My G Work and Black Young Professionals. Work 180 endorse employers that demonstrate on-going support for women at work, including offering benefits and policies that best support female employees. My G Work support us in our aim of attracting more LGBTQ+ talent. The BYP network support us in diversifying our talent pool by tapping into the black professional community.