Service Desk Analyst
Location: Greater Manchester
Job Type: Full time
Would you like to kick start your career in a supportive, collaborative and innovative company?
Do you enjoy working as part of an enthusiastic, passionate, and collaborative team?
Join our Service Desk team
The Managed Lifecycle Service Desk and Support team are a new and exciting team who are committed to providing excellent customer service. As expected on any support desk, it can be challenging, but is also extremely rewarding when you see issues through to resolution.
Success. The Softcat Way.
Softcat is a £1billion+ technology solutions business and trusted partner to names like Apple, Microsoft and Adobe. Offering a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security and IT infrastructure, we give our technical teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. This is where to achieve more for your career.
About the role
In this role you will be primarily responsible for ensuring that all necessary support tickets are progressed to the Service Desk and suppliers. You'll need to be confident working in a fast-paced environment, as you will be a main contact between the Ops Centre teams, the Managed Services clients, and the rest of the company; fielding day-to-day queries regarding hardware orders and the lifecycle of these orders, or escalating queries as appropriate.
As Service Desk Analyst, you'll be responsible for:
- Handling incoming telephone calls, emails, and portal tickets from our internal and external managed services customers regarding their IT requirements
- Logging and managing equipment requests
- Processing service requests
- Ensuring all tickets are progressed within both the Service Desk and resolver groups
- Maintaining high levels of request ownership through the request lifecycle to a satisfactory customer resolution
- Working with third-party partners to aid in the resolution of service requests
We'd love you to have
- Articulate; ability to communicate clearly and persuasively
- Exceptional communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Motivated, competitive, and results-driven
- Able to work independently and as part of a team, with a ‘can do' attitude
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise requirements, whilst maintaining a focus on quality work
- Good time management, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment to meet tight deadlines
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Hybrid working – 3days in the office and 2 days working from home
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
As part of our commitment to supporting, attracting and retaining the best diverse talent, Softcat is proud to partner with organisations like WORK180, My G Work and Black Young Professionals. Work 180 endorse employers that demonstrate on-going support for women at work, including offering benefits and policies that best support female employees. My G Work support us in our aim of attracting more LGBTQ+ talent. The BYP network support us in diversifying our talent pool by tapping into the black professional community.