Sales Internship - 13 month placement
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
Are you a University student seeking an industry placement opportunity in Sales?
Do you want to have an impact and join a business where you can make a difference?
Join our Internship programme in Sales
For University students seeking a year in placement, Softcat's Internship Programme provides a fantastic opportunity to enhance and develop your skills and experience. Our 13-month programme will enable you to take on responsibilities within varied roles, lead on projects and make a genuine impact in our organisation. As we continue to expand and grow our internship programme, this is an exciting opportunity to join!
About the Sales Department
Sales are the lifeblood of the business. Our Sales teams play a crucial role in supporting the growth of our business, driving productivity, and enabling consistently high levels of service to our customers.
Start date: 1st July 2024
Length: 13-month FTC
Locations: UK Nationwide
Hybrid working (3 days in the office and 2 days from home)
Learn from and engage with an award-winning department
As Sales Intern, you'll be:-
- Working with our key sales functions, developing knowledge, and understanding of a sales career
- Supporting our SMB customers with their technology requirements
- Collaborating with our sales teams, to support on live requests and project
- Gaining experience in new business development, lead generation, and target marketing
- Learning about Softcat and our key partners' products, and how they can benefit businesses
- Building key sales skills such as communication, customer management and relationship building
- Collaborating with other interns on group projects
We'd love you to have or be
- A current undergraduate University student studying in the UK/Ireland in your penultimate year, from any degree discipline
- A passion for technology and/or entering the technology industry
- A passion for sales and be keen to learn and develop your skill set
- Show an enthusiasm to learn and develop your knowledge for new and emerging technologies
- Be a motivated self-starter, a quick learner and be highly organised
- Demonstrate an alignment to our Softcat values & culture
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Hybrid working – 3 days in the office and 2 days working from home
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
As part of our commitment to supporting, attracting and retaining the best diverse talent, Softcat is proud to partner with organisations like WORK180, My G Work and Black Young Professionals. Work 180 endorse employers that demonstrate on-going support for women at work, including offering benefits and policies that best support female employees. My G Work support us in our aim of attracting more LGBTQ+ talent. The BYP network support us in diversifying our talent pool by tapping into the black professional community.