Train Presentation Duty Manager
Job Type: Full time
To ensure that the cleaning operatives and supervisors are adhering to the relevant RAMS for any tasks and activities undertaken and ensure that all relevant safety and personal protection rules and standards are being followed.
To ensure that Southeastern’s cleaning contractor is delivering the correct levels of staff and supervision to the depots and other cleaning locations, as specified in the contract and that they (the cleaning contractor) can demonstrate that their staff are adequately trained, competent and supervised to deliver the output specification as per the cleaning contract.
Take a leading role in support of the KSM’s and contract cleaning supplier in undertaking any investigations into accidents or incidents involving the contract cleaning supplier.
- Responsible for ensuring that all Southeastern locations where the cleaning contractor has staff undertaking duties, that the cleaning contractor has the correct level of staff to undertake the activities safely and that the cleaning contractor has adequate levels of supervision for that location and activities undertaken there.
- Ensuring that the Southeastern Cleaning Contractor can demonstrate as required that their staff and supervisors are competent and trained to deliver the output of the cleaning contract.
- Ensure that any accidents, incidents or near misses are correctly reported by the Cleaning Contractor and support the KSM or QHSE in any investigations or evidence gathering requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring that the Cleaning Contract Supplier is undertaking the cleaning of trains to the specification within the cleaning contract and delivering the required levels of quality and volume as specified.
- Work locally to address any issues relating to quality and minor safety concerns contractors duty Managers and Supervisors, ensuring all points raised are documented.
- Work locally with the Cleaning Contractors Management and Supervision team to identify opportunities to improve safety, quality and delivery.
- Support the Train Presentation Manager and Train Presentation Operations Manager at meetings as requested.
- Provide information data, reports and any other documentation as required to support the Train Presentation Team.
- As directed by the Train Presentation Operations Manager
The Ideal Candidate
To be considered for this role we recommend you demonstrate the below in your application;
- Good statistical analysis skills.
- Ability to produce clear and accurate reports and recommendations.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to influence people at all levels of the organisation.
- To be able to work to tight deadlines and on own initiative.
- Ability to make quick accurate decisions in the interest of the business.
Southeastern recognises the value of every individual employee and offers benefits that reflect this.
As well as a generous salary, we offer an comprehensive benefits package which includes;
- A Contributory Final Salary Pension Scheme
- Free rail travel on Southeastern and GTR rail services (extends to family members for leisure/educational travel)
- After a qualifying period, reduced rate travel on other train operators, including European services
- Up to 25 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays)
- Private healthcare
- Access to an array of discounts for retail and leisure products through our benefits scheme.
- Family friendly benefits including enhanced maternity/paternity leave, parental leave and carers leave.
About the Company
Southeastern runs train services into London from Kent and East Sussex, operating almost 1,700 trains a day, carrying more than 400,000 passengers, serving 176 stations and covering 540 miles of track.
Just over 4,600 employees - mostly from the communities that we serve - work together to provide this vital service and we are looking to expand our successful team. We have a strong set of values that shape the way we run our business and guide our staff in delivering what our customers need. These are:
- We aim to be the best
- We make the difference together
- We care passionately about our people and our passengers
We are committed to being an inclusive employer, creating a workplace where everyone can come to work, feel safe and comfortable and able to do everything to the best of their ability. Read about some of the great Diversity and Inclusion initiatives our Head of Colleague Experience has been leading on here.
We recognise the positive value of diversity and it matters to us that our teams reflect the communities we serve. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
We proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here.
We have also won the Top Employer award at the Women in Rail Awards 2022!
If you have been unsuccessful in the recruitment process for the same/similar position you will not be eligible to apply for a period of 6 months from that date.
All offers of employment are subject to us obtaining satisfactory references (covering all education, training, employment and unemployment in the preceding 5 years and any previous railway employment). We will also complete right to work in the UK and criminal record checks. This is to ensure we are employing the best person for the role and to protect our customers, colleagues and our reputation. We are unable to offer sponsorship to work in the UK.
This post will close before the intended closing date should sufficient number of suitable applications be received. Therefore, if you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
SOUTHEASTERN is owned by SE Trains Ltd, a subsidiary of the Department for Transport’s public sector owning group, ‘DOHL.’ DOHL has responsibility for three rail companies, LNER, Northern Trains Limited and SE Trains.
SE Trains Limited