Production Delivery Engineer - Yard
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
This is a wide ranging role, providing both Operational expertise and team leadership. The PDE role (Yard) will be responsible to monitor and Assess competency, in Yard Movement Coordinators, as well as leading a team of between five to ten engineering staff. The PDE (Yard) will manage a team, covering depot engineering activities, including delivery of units for maintenance, cleaning and passenger service and auditing of contract cleaning activities.
Key tasks will include the safe and efficient operational running of the depot, leading and motivating a team of staff to ensure that they work together safely and effectively to the required standards and specifications.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in an Operational/Engineering discipline
- Core Management and Leadership training
- Intermediate IT skills (Excel, Word etc)
- Competent in the Yard Movements Coordinator role, DPRP and hold license to undertake isolations
- Must be currently in a Shunter driver role or have passed the Shunter Driver assessment after September 2014
- Ability to interpret operational publications
Southeastern recognises the value of every individual employee and offers benefits that reflect this.
As well as a generous salary, we offer an comprehensive benefits package which includes;
- A Contributory Final Salary Pension Scheme
- Free rail travel on Southeastern and GTR rail services (extends to family members for leisure/educational travel)
- After a qualifying period, reduced rate travel on other train operators, including European services
- Up to 25 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays)
- Private healthcare
- Access to an array of discounts for retail and leisure products through our benefits scheme.
- Family friendly benefits including enhanced maternity/paternity leave, parental leave and carers leave.
About the Company
Southeastern runs train services into London from Kent and East Sussex, operating almost 1,700 trains a day, carrying more than 400,000 passengers, serving 176 stations and covering 540 miles of track.
Just over 4,600 employees - mostly from the communities that we serve - work together to provide this vital service and we are looking to expand our successful team. We have a strong set of values that shape the way we run our business and guide our staff in delivering what our customers need. These are:
- We aim to be the best
- We make the difference together
- We care passionately about our people and our passengers
We are committed to being an inclusive employer, creating a workplace where everyone can come to work, feel safe and comfortable and able to do everything to the best of their ability. Read about some of the great Diversity and Inclusion initiatives our Head of Colleague Experience has been leading on here.
We recognise the positive value of diversity and it matters to us that our teams reflect the communities we serve. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
We proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here.
We have also won the Top Employer award at the Women in Rail Awards 2022!
If you have been unsuccessful in the recruitment process for the same/similar position you will not be eligible to apply for a period of 6 months from that date.
All offers of employment are subject to us obtaining satisfactory references (covering all education, training, employment and unemployment in the preceding 5 years and any previous railway employment). We will also complete right to work in the UK and criminal record checks. This is to ensure we are employing the best person for the role and to protect our customers, colleagues and our reputation. We are unable to offer sponsorship to work in the UK.
This post will close before the intended closing date should sufficient number of suitable applications be received. Therefore, if you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
SOUTHEASTERN is owned by SE Trains Ltd, a subsidiary of the Department for Transport’s public sector owning group, ‘DOHL.’ DOHL has responsibility for three rail companies, LNER, Northern Trains Limited and SE Trains.
SE Trains Limited