Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
An exciting opportunity to join our busy marketing team. The Marketing Executive role is integral to the marketing function, working to manage multiple projects with the ability to deliver within tight deadlines.
- You will ensure that all station marketing/customer information materials are designed, printed and distributed.
- You will work to develop effective commercial partnerships with third parties, such as visitor attractions around our network.
- You will assist the marketing team on key projects.
- You will have the opportunity to work in a hybrid structure with full diary management (dependent on business need/requirement).
- Source, secure and manage third-party relationships and partnerships with destinations, visitor attractions, and businesses across the Southeastern Network
- Responsible for briefing in design, print and delivery of marketing collateral for owned channels e.g., Station posters, leaflets, maps, timetables (when relevant) and engineering works.
- When required provide essential ad hoc support for the Marketing team on campaigns and projects.
- Create and develop effective working relationships with key colleagues and departments such as Customer Services and Communications in order to understand their requirements, delivering required assets and collateral in a timely manner.
- Work closely with the in-house designer taking responsibility for briefing in required collateral and assets, creative and copy and manage the approval process internally and often externally.
- Ensure timely delivery through close working with suppliers (printers and distributors) to meet all deadlines.
- Work with internal and where relevant external teams to understand and deliver on all requirements for Department for Transport/Network Rail and others around compliance with regards to station, passenger information and collateral.
- Efficient management of given budgets and the purchase order system to cover the costs of all activity.
- Ensure a full understanding of Southeastern brand guidelines, ensuring collateral is compliant.
The Ideal Candidate
The Ideal Candidate
To be considered for this role you will need to demonstrate the following.
- Experience of working in a marketing department
- Good understanding of the print, production and distribution process
- Strong marketing copywriting skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Good understanding of budget management and forecasting
- Able to prioritise and work on own initiative, working to tight deadlines
- Be able to think quickly and manage multiple projects
Southeastern recognises the value of every individual employee and offers benefits that reflect this.
As well as a generous salary, we offer an comprehensive benefits package which includes;
- A Contributory Final Salary Pension Scheme
- Free rail travel on Southeastern and GTR rail services (extends to family members for leisure/educational travel)
- After a qualifying period, reduced rate travel on other train operators, including European services
- Up to 25 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays)
- Private healthcare
- Access to an array of discounts for retail and leisure products through our benefits scheme.
- Family friendly benefits including enhanced maternity/paternity leave, parental leave and carers leave.
The rules bit …
If you have been unsuccessful in the recruitment process for the same/similar position you will not be eligible to apply for a period of 6 months from that date. The job has not been advertised for over a year so you’ll be ok!
All offers of employment are subject to us obtaining satisfactory references (covering all education, training, employment and unemployment in the preceding 5 years and any previous railway employment). We will also complete right to work in the UK and criminal record checks. This is to ensure we are employing the best person for the role and to protect our customers, colleagues and our reputation. There will also be a pre-employment medical. We are unable to offer sponsorship to work in the UK.
This post will close before the intended closing date should sufficient number of suitable applications be received. Therefore, if you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
Our 2022 Successes
About the Company
The standard blurb…
Southeastern is one of the busiest commuter rail companies in the UK running more than 2,000 trains, and carrying nearly 600,000* passengers every day between London, Kent and East Sussex.
Just over 4,500 employees - mostly from the communities that we serve - work together to provide this vital service and we are looking to expand our successful team. We have a strong set of values that shape the way we run our business and guide our staff in delivering what our customers need. These are:
- We aim to be the best
- We make the difference together
- We care passionately about our people and our passengers
Southeastern are proud to work with some fantastic organisations and our recent accreditations are part of our journey to becoming an even better place to work. We continue to work across the industry and forge closer working with Network Rail
*now nearer 470,000 …. The pandemic continues to affect how we all work and travel!
We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
What you should really know about working at Southeastern
- Winner of Rail Business of the Year 2023 as well as being highly commended in both the Diversity and Inclusion and the Wellbeing in Rail categories
- Ranked as part of the 5% club in the Apprenticeships Top 100 Employees 2022. The country’s most outstanding apprenticeship employers for 2022 were recognised for their vital work boosting career opportunities for more people
- Currently seeking assessment against the Investors in People ‘We Invest in Apprentices’ accreditation and already hold Gold accreditation against the other two IiP Standards: We Invest in People and We invest in Wellbeing
- Financial Times Diversity Leaders ranking for 2023 comprising 850 companies across Europe seen to do more than just talk about their commitment to diversity and inclusion taking action to promote change and create an inclusive environment
- Named in The Sun's Top 8 menopause-friendly employers (in 2022)
- Won the Women in Rail Top Employer award in both 2020 and 2022
SE Trains Limited