Administration Support - Part Time - Job Share (2 days per week)
Job Type: Full time
We are seeking an Administration Support Officer to join our team based in Ashford on a part time basis (2 days a week which will be Tuesdays and Fridays).
You will provide an effective administration service for the Passenger Service Management Team and provide assistance to the day to day administration for the General Manager.
You will have a number of key responsibilities in this role that will include but not be limited to:
- Assisting with arranging hearings and meetings and taking minutes as required.
- Arranging periodic and special medicals and maintaining all records/paperwork as required.
- Liaising with Procurement Clerks and Area Managers regarding ordering of all ticket stock, cleaning stores and general purchasing.
- Issuing equipment, uniform and briefing notes and obtaining signatures where required.
- Maintaining a filing system of documents as required, which meets all company standards and supplying information to the Area Manager’s team as required.
- Producing weekly timesheets for payroll for area management groups.
- Dealing with correspondence as required.
- Working as directed by the Area Manager’s team to update appropriate notice boards as required ensuring all notices are kept up to date.
- Assisting with disruption roster production.
- Carrying out performance investigations and collating information as directed.
- Supporting the maintenance of the Passenger Services section of the Company’s intranet to ensure all information is relevant and up to date.
- Working as directed by the General Manager Team Organiser to cover other members of the team during absences.
- Managing the on-call rosters for 1st and 2nd line
The Ideal Candidate
To be considered for this role we recommend you demonstrate the below in your application;
- Previous administration experience.
- Proficient in: Outlook, Excel and Word applications
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines for a large team
- Excellent organisation skills
- Able to demonstrate a high standard of confidentiality
- Must be able to work on own initiative providing accuracy at all times.
Southeastern recognises the value of every individual employee and offers benefits that reflect this.
As well as a generous salary, we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes;
- A Contributory Final Salary Pension Scheme
- Free rail travel on Southeastern and GTR rail services (extends to family members for leisure/educational travel)
- After a qualifying period, reduced rate travel on other train operators, including European services
- Up to 24 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays).
- Access to an array of discounts for retail and leisure products through our benefits scheme.
- Family friendly benefits including enhanced maternity/paternity leave, parental leave and carers leave.
About the Company
Southeastern runs train services into London from Kent and East Sussex, operating almost 1,700 trains a day, carrying more than 400,000 passengers, serving 176 stations and covering 540 miles of track.
Just over 4,600 employees - mostly from the communities that we serve - work together to provide this vital service and we are looking to expand our successful team. We have a strong set of values that shape the way we run our business and guide our staff in delivering what our customers need. These are:
- We aim to be the best
- We make the difference together
- We care passionately about our people and our passengers
We are committed to being an inclusive employer, creating a workplace where everyone can come to work, feel safe and comfortable and able to do everything to the best of their ability. Read about some of the great Diversity and Inclusion initiatives our Head of Colleague Experience has been leading on here.
We recognise the positive value of diversity and it matters to us that our teams reflect the communities we serve. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
We proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here.
We have also won the Top Employer award at the Women in Rail Awards 2022!
If you have been unsuccessful in the recruitment process for the same/similar position you will not be eligible to apply for a period of 6 months from that date.
All offers of employment are subject to us obtaining satisfactory references (covering all education, training, employment and unemployment in the preceding 5 years and any previous railway employment). We will also complete right to work in the UK and criminal record checks. This is to ensure we are employing the best person for the role and to protect our customers, colleagues and our reputation. We are unable to offer sponsorship to work in the UK.
This post will close before the intended closing date should sufficient number of suitable applications be received. Therefore, if you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
SOUTHEASTERN is owned by SE Trains Ltd, a subsidiary of the Department for Transport’s public sector owning group, ‘DOHL.’ DOHL has responsibility for three rail companies, LNER, Northern Trains Limited and SE Trains.
SE Trains Limited