Service Quality Helpdesk Administrator
Job Type: Full time
We are currently recruiting for 2 x SQR Administrators to work from our Maintenance Office in Rochester.
The role is to ensure a safe, efficient and cost effective Station and Depot fault recording and maintenance regime, providing a professional interface for the reporting of all building related faults ensuring that the correct contractors, Network Rail or Maintenance team are mobilised within agreed timescales. The role will also include updating fault related and asset information to the relevant people as requested by the Maintenance Contract Manager
This role is a Monday-Friday role with hours generally being 08.00 – 16.00 shifts or 09.00 – 17.00 shifts. But with the need for sometimes the hours to differ to accommodate an 18.00 finish. Due to the nature of the role, this is a fully office based position.
You will have a number of accountabilities and responsibilities in this role, that will include but not be limited to:
- Attending to the Helpdesk between the hours of 0800 – 1700hrs on a rotational shift (08:00 – 16:00/09:00 – 17:00) or flexible to mirror the maintenance contractor helpdesk hours, but not to exceed beyond 1800hrs.
- Raising and accurately recording all reactive faults reported to the helpdesk onto the facilities management software system and ensuring an allocated response is made to the correct asset owner with regards to lease responsibilities i.e. raising vegetation, graffiti and litter problems with Network Rail where said fault is on Network Rail owned land or property.
- Working with the contractor to ensure there is no cross over with planned preventative maintenance.
- Closing down faults as advised complete by the Maintenance Contractor, Network Rail or in house maintenance team.
- Using management systems provided to check on fault progress upon requests from station staff and/or Managers.
- Monitoring maintenance programmes to ensure current and proposed works are identified accurately and within programme dates.
- Day to day control of helpdesk management software system including:
- Managing and updating asset databases
- Statutory Compliance monitoring
- Updating existing or new employees automatic email communication details
- Raising instructed quoted works onto the Oracle system for approval by the Helpdesk Manager, Senior Contract Manager and Head of Facilities, attaching the relevant supplier quotation documents as well.
- Reviewing the maintenance contractor quotation register against instructed works on Oracle and communicating any irregularities to the Helpdesk Manager.
- Receiving and processing staff car park permit applications onto the car park contractor database.
- Receiving and processing all enquiries relating to the waste management contract including monitoring of waste bin collection compliance.
- Constantly reviewing any contractual rights and obligations in accordance with the terms of the relevant contract. Escalate as necessary.
- Providing data and reports in relation to SQR as requested by the Helpdesk Manager or Senior Contract Manager.
- Assisting with other general duties as requested by other members of the Facilities team.
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role, candidates need to demonstrate the below in their application:
- The ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise accordingly.
- Good working knowledge of IT systems to include word, excel and data basis.
- Office and Administration with previous data input experience.
- Knowledge of the National Station Access Conditions.
- Previous experience of working in an environment with a high level of customer contact.
- Previous experience of working in a call centre environment.
- An understanding of the railway environment and any key relationships within it.
Southeastern recognises the value of every individual employee and offers benefits that reflect this.
As well as a generous salary, we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes;
- A Contributory Final Salary Pension Scheme
- Free rail travel on Southeastern and GTR rail services (extends to family members for leisure/educational travel)
- After a qualifying period, reduced rate travel on other train operators, including European services
- Up to 24 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays).
- Access to an array of discounts for retail and leisure products through our benefits scheme.
- Family friendly benefits including enhanced maternity/paternity leave, parental leave and carers leave.
About the Company
Southeastern runs train services into London from Kent and East Sussex, operating almost 1,700 trains a day, carrying more than 400,000 passengers, serving 176 stations and covering 540 miles of track.
Just over 4,600 employees - mostly from the communities that we serve - work together to provide this vital service and we are looking to expand our successful team. We have a strong set of values that shape the way we run our business and guide our staff in delivering what our customers need. These are:
- We aim to be the best
- We make the difference together
- We care passionately about our people and our passengers
We are committed to being an inclusive employer, creating a workplace where everyone can come to work, feel safe and comfortable and able to do everything to the best of their ability. Read about some of the great Diversity and Inclusion initiatives our Head of Colleague Experience has been leading on here.
We recognise the positive value of diversity and it matters to us that our teams reflect the communities we serve. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
We proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here.
We have also won the Top Employer award at the Women in Rail Awards 2022!
If you have been unsuccessful in the recruitment process for the same/similar position you will not be eligible to apply for a period of 6 months from that date.
All offers of employment are subject to us obtaining satisfactory references (covering all education, training, employment and unemployment in the preceding 5 years and any previous railway employment). We will also complete right to work in the UK and criminal record checks. This is to ensure we are employing the best person for the role and to protect our customers, colleagues and our reputation. We are unable to offer sponsorship to work in the UK.
This post will close before the intended closing date should sufficient number of suitable applications be received. Therefore, if you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
SOUTHEASTERN is owned by SE Trains Ltd, a subsidiary of the Department for Transport’s public sector owning group, ‘DOHL.’ DOHL has responsibility for three rail companies, LNER, Northern Trains Limited and SE Trains.
SE Trains Limited