Contracts Liaison Officer
Location: Hampshire, Oxfordshire, Wiltshire
Job Type: Full time
About the Role
Base Location: Andover, Oxford, Melksham
Salary: £35,142 - £40,246 + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Client Liaison Officer to join the Capital, Maintenance and Inspection (CMI) Team.
We have a large portfolio of Pole Mounted Transformers to replace on our Network over the next few years, and the successful individual will be responsible for onsite supervision of contractor delivered overhead power line replacement works.
We are looking for someone with great communication skills and the ability to document and record project progress both on quality and financial governance.
Roles and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- The Client Liaison Officer (CLO) will be responsible for onsite supervision of contractor delivered overhead power line replacement works under our Capital delivery program in the Wessex and Ridgeway Regions.
- The role will require ensuring works carried out under our projects are completed to SSEN standards and validating completed works are correctly claimed to the agreed framework rates.
- Surveying of works to be completed and producing detailed maps annotated with works required.
- Ensure the projects run smoothly with the correct supply and usage of free issue materials.
- Trouble shoot day to day on site issues with land access.
- Drive a safe working culture with the contractors by carrying out regular safety audits and engagements.
- The position will also include customer interface to enable land access and consent forms for future projects.
What do I need?
- The preferred candidate would have previous experience of Distribution Power systems and construction of over head power networks.
- Be happy to accept and deliver challenges to drive improved performance and safety.
- They should also have good communication skills and the ability to document and record project progress both on quality and financial. governance
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Robert on email@example.com / 01738 341105.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.