Location: Dorset, England, Greater London, Hampshire, Hampshire, Hampshire, Portsmouth, Reading, Somerset, Swindon, Wiltshire
Job Type: Full time
About the role
Base Location: West London, Slough, Reading, Swindon, Oxford, Melksham, Yeovil, Andover, Poole, New Forest, Portsmouth, Petersfield or Aldershot
Salary: £31,339 - £35,892, Plus:
- Full PPE and Tools supplied for the role.
- Company vehicle provided.
- Training provided to gain further authorisations.
- Overtime & Travel time available.
- A range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time
SSEN is looking to hire Construction Fitters to join us in Central Southern England. This is an excellent opportunity where you will be working in a team responsible for constructing electrical apparatus within substations on the electricity distribution network from 11kV up to 132kV.
Other key responsibilities will include:
- Safe delivery of construction projects in live electricity substation environments in line with operational safety rules and safety legislation. This will also include emergency response to fault scenarios and the subsequent reprioritisation of workloads.
- Installing and commissioning new CT Metering apparatus.
- Act as an ambassador for Scottish and Southern Electricity Networks when interacting with external and internal customers to deliver world class customer service and protect the SSE brand.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Knowledge of the electricity distribution network and experience of working in live electricity substation environments from 11kV - 132kV.
- Previous experience will include working on DC battery systems, internal panel wiring modification, multicore cable terminating and glanding, wiring circuit breakers, CT's/VT's to marshalling kiosks and control panels, AC/DC wiring and replacing 33kV outdoor circuit breakers and isolators.
- A high regard for safety, especially construction sites and CDM regulations with strong customer service skills.
- Previous electricity network operational authorisations would be extremely beneficial as would training and qualifications in scaffold, telehandler, furzeweld, working at heights, confined space, asbestos, COSHH, Loler and SMSTS.
- A clean driving licence and flexible approach to working hours and work location is a must because the role will involve extensive travel throughout our network area.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with generous holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site. As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens next?
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact email@example.com / 01738 341105.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.