Senior Quantity Surveyor
Location: Reading, Tyne and Wear
Job Type: Full time
About the Role
Base Location: Sunderland | We're proud to offer a Flexible First approach to work, and this role is no exception. We will, however, need your base 'home' location to be our SSE office in the location stated.
Salary: £44,100 - £66,100 + car /car allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
We are looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to lead the pre & post contract commercial function for SSE’s ICP/Private Networks business, in line with strategy and budget. Provide leadership and direction within the business on commercial matters. Build strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Responsible for ensuring a rigorous and controlled environment is in place to effectively manage risk, cost and profitability across the portfolio of projects.
- Partnership – build strong working relationships with internal stakeholders including Operation Project Managers / Engineers, Legal, Procurement, Development Team, Finance and the Major Projects Team.
- Reviewing upstream and downstream contracts, highlighting key business risks and negotiating improved terms.
- Contract & Commercial Management for large projects in the range of >£5m – £80m TCV. Lead and manage the commercial process and work closely with the Project Manager(s)
- Project Review Board - Actively support the monthly review process and review overall commercial position for projects. Assist with management of problem projects highlighting trading risks to the management team. Ensure cost control is monitored across all projects and in accordance with accounting regulations and best practise.
- Reporting – responsible for commercial reporting tools to manage risk and profitability effectively across the wider portfolio (as well as for individual larger projects).
- Budgets & Forecasting– with the finance and operations teams, assist with the forecasting and budget process across the business.
What you need
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have;
- Previous experience of successfully carrying out a Senior Quantity Surveying role on a large project £5m +
- Experience of delivering larger power projects in the UK
- Strong knowledge of standard form contracts – NEC/JCT/FIDIC
- Highly experienced in financial control of projects, including cost control and other processes.
- Experience of dispute resolution processes.
About our Business
SSE Enterprise Utilities is the Distributed Energy (DE) and Private Networks business of SSE plc. We finance, own, operate and maintain energy infrastructure for commercial, industrial and residential customers - providing them with a market leading project development service and certainty of operational performance and asset management. In order to accelerate progress towards net zero SSE Group is investing £7m a day on low carbon infrastructure, creating 1,000 green jobs a year in the process, as part of its £25bn NZAP (Net Zero Acceleration Programme).
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.