Offshore Wind Balance of Plant (BOP) Technician
Location: Angus Council, Angus Council, Dundee City Council
Job Type: Full time
SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £18 billion in low carbon projects to 2027, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come. We are proud to be playing a critical role in the net zero transition, as we aim to more than treble the net capacity in operation to 13GW and grow renewable energy output five-fold to over 50TWh over the next 10 years.
About the Role
Base Location: Arbroath, Montrose, Dundee & Angus (Commutable distance to Montrose Port preferred)
Salary: £31,339 - £35,892 depending on experience + shift allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances, and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Offshore rotation 2 weeks on 2 weeks off
Reporting to the Offshore Shift Supervisor the Offshore Wind (BOP) Balance of Plant Technician will be working from the (SOV) Service Operations Vessel on a shift rotation. The main objectives of the role are to maintain the above sea and subsea structures and associated plant and equipment, always with safety in mind, reducing downtime and ensuring compliance.
An additional requirement of the role subject to site requirements is to be authorised as an AP under the Operational Safety Rules (OSR) and under the (WTSR) Wind Turbine Safety Rules to enable works to be undertaken.
The main responsibilities are:
- Inspecting wind farm components and all (BOP) equipment in accordance with OEM recommendations to maintain statutory compliance. Carry out planned maintenance and defect correction in accordance with maintenance requirements.
- Ensuring that the Wind Farm operates at all times within any Environmental, Health and Safety consent or obligation, the Offshore Wind BOP Technician is also responsible for co-ordinating the safe and effective maintenance of Balance of Plant items which may involve the management of contractors.
- Utilising the 'Maximo' Maintenance Management System for recording planned maintenance activities or defects including control of spare parts. Maintain above sea and subsea structures and associated plant & equipment.
- Carrying out Operational Switching of the HV network and apply the Operational Safety Rules (OSRs).
- Managing onsite contractors.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Apprenticeship in Electrical, Mechanical, C&I or similar / equivalent.
- Authorised or working towards Authorisation within an Operational Safety Rules, SSOW environment.
- Ability to perform or willingness to undertake duties such as AP under OSRs and AT in WTSR's.
- Knowledge of operational offshore wind farms and associated infrastructure (BOP, WTG and OFTO) is desirable.
- Full understanding of offshore work requirements, environment, planning and SHE risks.
- Strong SHE aptitude and ability to work as part of a team.
About our Business
SSE Renewables is a leading developer and operator of renewable energy, with growth ambitions to treble our renewable energy output by 2030. We drive new growth by identifying, developing, building and operating high quality assets across the UK, Ireland and internationally. As our ambitions and projects grow, so do our teams, meaning we can offer a great selection of opportunities, training and development to support your career.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Andrew on email@example.com / 01738 275847.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.