Location: Highland Council, Perth and Kinross, Renfrewshire
Job Type: Full time
SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £18 billion in low carbon projects to 2027, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come. We are proud to be playing a critical role in the net zero transition, as we aim to more than treble the net capacity in operation to 13GW and grow renewable energy output five-fold to over 50TWh over the next 10 years.
About the Role
Base Location: Contin (Inverness), Perth, Glasgow
Salary: £35,142 - £40,246 depending on skills and experience + performance-related bonus + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
SSE Renewables have an exciting opportunity for a Technician to join our Hydro Programmes team to assist our site teams in the delivery of the civil capital works. Hybrid working with a split between home and office is available for this role to support your work/life balance.
Some of your main accountabilities will include;
- Liaising with project teams, contractors, site management and commercial teams throughout the project lifecycles to effectively report on projects progress.
- Providing reporting and feedback to project and business group management, relevant to the project needs and senior management requirements.
- Supporting the population of business systems with the project information that constitutes our Health and Safety File under CDM 2015.
- Co-ordinating and supporting the annual budget build including the associated financial and technical business cases.
- Maintaining and updating the civil asset database.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- A good understanding, and experience of document control and procedures.
- Previous experience in the use of Microsoft Project (or similar) and a computerised maintenance management system, such as IBM Maximo.
- Knowledge of governance processes associated with the delivery of projects.
- An awareness of NEC3 Contract management would be advantageous.
- Demonstrable ability to build relationships with stakeholders across all levels of seniority throughout the business, specifically within Corporate functions.
There will be an element of travel required as part of this role, with the occasional overnight stay. Therefore, a full and current driving licence is essential
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Pamela on firstname.lastname@example.org / 01738 342002.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.