Civils Programmes Manager
Location: Highland Council, Perth and Kinross, Portsmouth, Reading, Renfrewshire
Job Type: Full time
SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £18 billion in low carbon projects to 2027, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come. We are proud to be playing a critical role in the net zero transition, as we aim to more than treble the net capacity in operation to 13GW and grow renewable energy output five-fold to over 50TWh over the next 10 years.
About the Role
Base Location: Flexible UK, however our preference is that you will be based in one of our key UK sites, which includes but is not limited to:- Glasgow, Perth, Pitlochry, Inverness, Reading and Havant.
Salary: £63,000 - £94,400 depending on skills and experience + car / car allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
As Civils Programmes Manager, you'll be responsible for the strategy, development, project delivery, and capital investment management, across our portfolio of Hydro civil assets.
Some of your other main accountabilities will include;
- Developing our civil asset class strategies and asset management plans to give the optimum whole life cycle.
- Project development and execution across the full project lifecycle, including reviewing and recommending major enhancements and new technologies.
- Overseeing the safe and efficient delivery of our civil capital refurbishment programme through the implementation of an effective project management system.
- Managing contract strategies, developing 10 year budgets building in year budgets and ensuring that the works are delivered to these with accurate in year financial reporting to the business.
- Leading the safety culture of the team and our contractor partners; being proactive in SSE Safety Family and associated safety initiatives.
What do I need?
We are looking for someone who is educated to degree level in an engineering discipline and has good knowledge and experience of renewable power generation systems and infrastructure. You'll be known for your specialist expertise in your particular field, but also have a strong understanding of other engineering disciplines.
To be considered for this role, we would also love you to have:
- Excellent SHE awareness with knowledge of safe systems of work and regulatory frameworks.
- An understanding of the impact of operations on risk and profitability, and the value drivers and operation dynamics of a Hydro fleet.
- Knowledge of industry challenges and the ability to identify creative opportunities for growth.
- Experience of large capital project development and delivery including a solid grasp of financial elements and investment decisions.
- The ability to collaborate effectively across the organisation and build a high performing team.
Our portfolio of Hydro civil assets are spread over a large geographical area of Scotland, therefore a full and current UK driving licence is essential.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Pamela on email@example.com / 01738 342002.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.