Back Office Specialist
Job Type: Full time
About the Role
Base Location: Belfast (hybrid working pattern with a mix of office and remote working)
Salary: £25,000 - £31,600 + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances, and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
What is the Role?
Our Back Office Specialist will support the Team Lead to develop effective operational streams, support operational workflow management, KPI delivery and reporting requirements. In this role you will:
- provide support, advice, and an escalation point for complex technical enquiries from complaints and other departments, customers and third parties
- ensure adequate and timely follow up on any requests, queries or issues that require further investigation
- provide input on internal projects, process changes or initiatives and assist the Back Office team to embed changes by providing training and support
- identify key risk areas and points of failure, proactively suggesting and implementing controls that mitigate or eliminate risk
- support the wider Back Office team as needed and champion a customer centric approach ensuring we strive to deliver a first contact resolution
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- demonstrable experience working in either a back office or customer accounts environment with well developed numerical and analytical skills
- excellent attention to detail, with a tenacity to proactively identify and resolve back office anomalies and identify areas for improvement
- extensive knowledge of existing CRM and back-office admin operations
- extensive knowledge of broader business policies and procedures, to effectively manage customer responses to queries and complaints
- strong stakeholder management and communication skills, with the ability to develop and maintain effective professional working partnerships and support channels at all levels
- proven experience in managing multiple demands, prioritising workload, managing time well and delivering accurate and reliable results within deadlines
About our Business
SSE is a multinational energy company listed on the FTSE 100, with a vision “to be a leading energy company in a net zero world”. We’re investing £24bn+ by the end of the decade to help deliver our Net Zero Acceleration Programme.
Part of SSE Plc, Energy Customer Solutions is the Customer facing division – providing energy and low carbon solutions to over 1.3million customers. We have a strong market position with great customer relationships and expert customer teams working in Belfast, Cardiff, Dublin, Perth, and Reading. Energy Customer Solutions is made up of 2 external brands; we operate under the brands SSE Airtricity (Ireland) & SSE Energy Solutions (GB).
SSE Airtricity is Ireland's second largest and fastest growing energy provider, supplying around 800,000 domestic and commercial gas, electricity and home energy services customers in the Republic and Northern Ireland. Around 40% of the electricity SSE Airtricity supplies to its customers on an island basis is generated from renewable sources - the greenest energy supply of any provider on the island and over three times the average on an all-island basis.
We have ambitious targets to help our customers on their journey to Net Zero by increasing the accessibility of green energy solutions through the provision of customer-driven propositions and we’re a partner to customers and stakeholders as they seek ways to respond to the climate crisis.
Help us power change.
What’s in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement (including public holidays), enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for ‘Inclusion & Diversity at SSE’ to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and we'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Andy on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01738 340826.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.