Assistant Project Manager
Location: Aberdeen City, Highland Council, Perth and Kinross, Renfrewshire
Job Type: Full time
About the Role
Base Location: Aberdeen, Glasgow, Inverness, Perth
Salary: £32,600 - £48,800 + car / car allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
SSEN Transmission Offshore Delivery Team is currently recruiting for a Delivery Assistant Project Manager to deliver various Accelerated Strategic Transmission Investment (ASTI) projects before 2030 regulatory deadlines to directly facilitate Scotland's ambitions to meet Net-Zero.
The projects are primarily HVDC (High-Voltage Direct Current) infrastructure projects, this role will focus on the offshore and onshore cable links and all associated works.
The scale of our portfolio of projects is already large and is likely to grow in the coming years, meaning there will likely be opportunities for progression within the business.
The Assistant Project Manager will support Project Managers by undertaking the following responsibilities:
- Safety, health and wellbeing of personnel, and for environmental aspects of those Transmission project activities being managed, including compliance with our framework behaviour charters and the CDM regulations.
- Planning, Monitoring, and Controlling of packages of work in line with Project Execution Plans. Managing the safe, effective, and efficient running of activities to ensure that these are executed to cost, schedule and quality.
- Commercial responsibilities, including NEC contract management.
- Ensuring the use of recognised project management processes, reporting, methods, techniques and tools, in particular the application of our Large Capital Projects (LCP) Governance Framework Manual.
- Undertaking pre-construction activities, programme, site visits, monitoring and recording site progress, utilising digital tools, stakeholder engagement, issue resolution, risk and opportunities management, and technical queries.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we'd love you to have:
- An engineering, construction, or project management qualification or experience with an understanding of project management methodology and practice.
- An understanding of project delivery within a regulated industry / the wider utilities sector (including in non-project management positions providing these experiences and the acquired skills are transferrable).
- Engineering or construction knowledge and understanding, including the associated environmental and safety legislation e.g. the CDM 2015 regulations.
- Commercial knowledge and/or experience, ideally with NEC.
- Experience/Knowledge of the governance, reporting, and management requirements for projects, ideally in a regulated environment
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Debbie on firstname.lastname@example.org / 01738 342939.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.