Electrical Project Engineer Opportunities
Location: Aberdeen City, Highland Council, Perth and Kinross, Renfrewshire
Job Type: Full time
About the Role
Base Location: Inverness, Glasgow, Aberdeen or Perth
Salary: £45,400 - £68,200 + car / allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
What is the Role?
As part of the SSEN Transmission Pathway to 2030 programme of works, we have a number of project engineering opportunities to support its delivery .
Many of the Pathway to 2030 projects are based on the use of HVDC. The role advertised would sit within the HVDC Engineering Team, and although direct HVDC experience would be desirable it is not necessary. We encourage candidates with a project engineering background, ideally with an electrical engineering background in either construction, consultancy, or client organisations within the Energy Industry to apply. We will consider candidates from other industries, with good transferable skills and willingness to learn.
In this role you will be:
- involved in the full project life cycle, from project definition, preparing and evaluating tenders, conceptual and front end design development, detail design reviews HAZID/HAZCON/HAZOP sessions through into supporting construction, installation supervision and commissioning.
- promoting and managing safety within your assigned projects through the implementation of CDM procedures and practices, ensuring the project engineering is compliant with company, HSE and industry regulations.
- responsible for engineering delivery on your assigned projects, for your specific discipline, of a typical capital value of £50m - £2000m
-working closely with Engineering Managers, Lead Project Managers and Project Managers to ensure that Engineering and Quality risks are identified and mitigated.
- providing technical support on high profile projects or technically complex issues.
What do I need?
- An appreciation of multi-discipline projects, and design interface management would be desirable.
- Self-Starter attitude, who enjoys problem solving and have an ability to communicate complex technical issues in a clear and concise manner to facilitate decision making by senior management.
- Diligence and ability to determine critical technical issues and prioritise, where necessary, over less critical issues.
- Skills and experience specific to your discipline such as layouts, equipment selection, various associated calculations, system studies, drawing reviews and testing (list is not exhaustive nor is it expected all items are covered)
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Iona on email@example.com / 01738 344049.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.