Business Development Manager
Job Type: Full time
About the Role
Base Location: Flexible UK & Ireland | We're proud to offer a Flexible First approach to work, and this role is no exception. We will, however need your base 'home' location to be one of our SSE offices or depots around the UK and Ireland.
Salary: Competitive Salary + car /car allowance + performance-related bonus and a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
SSE Energy Solutions - Digital Services is a forward-thinking company focused on delivering cutting edge digital solutions to the market. With a commitment to leveraging technology to drive innovation and help businesses thrive using data and insights.
As a Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for identifying growth opportunities, establishing and maintaining client relationships, and achieving revenue and profitability targets. You will be a key driver in the successful adoption of our digital products and services.
- Responsible for conducting in depth market research to identify market trends, opportunities, and threats in the Microgrids space.
- Analyse market dynamics and competitor offerings to develop strategies for effectively bringing our digital solutions to market.
- Responsible for generating leads, identifying and qualifying potential clients through various means, including networking, online research, internal collaboration and marketing strategies.
- Forge strategic relationships and collaborations to expand the reach of our digital solutions.
- Responsible for providing regular reports on business development activities, market trends and sales performance.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Degree level education desired in Business, Energy, Engineering or any other related field.
- Proven experience in business development or sales within the energy sector, with a strong preference for experience in Microgrid solutions, although not essential
- Demonstrated successful track record of achieving sales targets and revenue growth in the energy sector.
- In depth knowledge of microgrid technology, renewable energy, and energy management.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate technical information.
About our Business
SSE Enterprise Utilities is the Distributed Energy (DE) and Private Networks business of SSE plc. We finance, own, operate and maintain energy infrastructure for commercial, industrial and residential customers - providing them with a market leading project development service and certainty of operational performance and asset management. In order to accelerate progress towards net zero SSE Group is investing £7m a day on low carbon infrastructure, creating 1,000 green jobs a year in the process, as part of its £25bn NZAP (Net Zero Acceleration Programme).
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Tristan.Holdsworth@sse.com
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.