Location: Greater London, Reading
Job Type: Full time
About the Role
Base Location: Slough, Theale (Reading) or West London
Salary: £26,609 - £30,472 + London allowance + overtime + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time
What is the Role?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Cable Layer to join our team in the Thames Valley area.
- Working on a variety of projects to the highest level of care.
- Set up sites to comply with Street Works Legislation.
- Work on excavation projects.
- Undertake cable and pipe laying responsibilities as well as other ad hoc requests.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- 360 Excavator ticket & NRSWA Street Works Ticket as a minimum requirement.
- A hands-on approach and be ready to adapt to all tasks provided.
- Worked in a similar role previously.
- Due to the nature of this role, you'll be asked to take part in standby duties, responding to faults overnight and at weekends as part of a rota so you should be flexible with your time.
- A full driving licence is required for this role.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Robert on email@example.com / 01738 341105.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.