Hydro Operations Team Leader
Location: Perth and Kinross
Job Type: Full time
SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £18 billion in low carbon projects to 2027, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come. We are proud to be playing a critical role in the net zero transition, as we aim to more than treble the net capacity in operation to 13GW and grow renewable energy output five-fold to over 50TWh over the next 10 years.
About the Role
Base Location: Killin Workshop
Salary: £39,415 - £45,136 + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
SSE Renewables Hydro operates and maintains over 1000MW of Hydro Generation and associated infrastructure. The multi-disciplined team in the Breadalbane Section looks after the day-to-day operation, maintenance and repair of our Hydro Generation plant to ensure it is kept in a safe and efficient state. We currently have an opportunity for a Hydro Operations Team Leader to join our team based at Killin Workshop.
Some of your other main accountabilities will include:
- The day-to-day management and supervision of a multi-disciplined team of crafts persons and semi-skilled staff.
- Looking after the safety of the general public, environment, staff and contractors within the area.
- Coordinating and planning the section workload, utilising a computer-based maintenance system.
- Ensuring technical, legislative; environment and safety standards are met.
- The responsibility for managing packages of work.
You will also undertake authorisation training to perform HV switching, plant operations and isolations plus authorised person duties up to Auxiliary Plant Authorisation under the Hydro System Safety Rules.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have;
- Experience in working in Hydro Generation environment or with similar heavy rotating plant.
- A recognised qualification in an electrical or mechanical discipline is preferred, but more importantly, you must have extensive hands-on experience in an electrical or mechanical engineering environment. You will have the opportunity to work towards an HNC level qualification if required.
- Managerial experience with the ability to negotiate and influence a variety of stakeholders across varying levels of seniority.
A full UK driving licence is essential for this role and applicants should ideally reside or be prepared to relocate to or within 30 miles of Killin.
Progression is possible by completing the necessary training and assessment process, followed by carrying out the duties and responsibilities of SAP under the Hydro System Safety Rules.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org / 01738 342002.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.