Location: Aberdeen City, Highland Council, Perth and Kinross, Renfrewshire
Job Type: Full time
About the Role
Base Location: Glasgow, Perth, Inverness or Aberdeen
Salary: £45,400 - £55,000 + car/allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
SSEN Transmission have an exciting opportunity for a Project Engineer to join our multi-disciplined engineering team to help develop and deliver our project portfolio ranging in value from £10m to £1bn.
The key duties & responsibilities will be:
- Drive the project team in the development and delivery of projects across transmission providing leadership, co-ordination, and ownership of interfaces between multiple technical disciplines where required.
- Building and maintaining productive and enduring relationships with Contractors, Consultants, Stakeholders and Communities to support the sustainable delivery of the projects that you are responsible for.
- Work closely with our engineers and managers to help ensure that engineering design risks are identified and mitigated to ensure appropriate measures are put in place for the pre-construction phase.
- Prepare and co-ordinate design assurance reviews and the delivery of key project Gate documentation as per Large Capital Projects Governance.
- Drive design maturity and delivery of scope to required quality and programme whilst ensuring all contractor deliverables are signed off accordingly.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Experience of project development, within Transmission or a similar industry, through the optioneering and initial design phases, with an ability to develop the optimum project solution, deliver to timescales and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience of developing, managing and reporting on significant projects and an understanding of the electrical network within the Transmission business would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of the CDM Regulations 2015, Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and other key relevant Health, Safety and Environmental legislation.
- You must be a problem solver with the strength of character to ensure critical matters are addressed by the project teams.
- Enthusiastic and resilient individual with excellent communication skills and the ability to prioritise tasks and make key decisions.
Lack experience but are still interested?
If you have a background in engineering and/or project management within another industry or are looking to move into a career in engineering, please do apply. We may be able to offer a role as an Assistant Project Engineer with the opportunity to transition to a Lead Project Engineer once the necessary experience has been gained.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Stephanie on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01738 342963.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.