Agile Delivery Manager
Location: Aberdeen City, Belfast, County Dublin, Highland Council, Perth and Kinross, Portsmouth, Reading, Renfrewshire
Job Type: Full time
SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £18 billion in low carbon projects to 2027, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
Join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Flexible, however our preference is that you will be based in one of our key UK or Ireland sites, which includes but is not limited to:- Glasgow, Perth, Aberdeen, Inverness, Reading, Havant, Belfast or Dublin.
Salary: £53,100 - £79,700 + performance-related bonus + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
An opportunity to join the Corporate Digital Programme delivery team as an Agile Delivery Manager. The team is leading digital transformation to create a workplace of the future within SSE Corporate Services. The role holder will be responsible for the delivery of key technology and process enablers for the transformation utilising effective agile ways of working and guide multidisciplinary teams to deliver key agile product outcomes. As a member of this team you will also be expected to provide leadership and coach others in agile.
- Establish and maintain highly effective relationships with delivery teams, stakeholders at all levels and business teams to ensure that interfaces work correctly.
- Collaborating closely with the Product Owner and other key stakeholders to ensure the product roadmaps have a right balance of delivering business outcomes, technology enablement and operational requirements.
- Manage the delivery of technology and business process solutions with focus on tangible business outcomes in accordance with the appropriate methodology.
- Manage the operational aspects of the solution delivery teams, ensuring risk, legal, security and other compliance requirements are met.
- Provide coaching and leadership to agile teams and other Delivery Leads.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Experience of a matrix organisation and the ability to work in environments that are undergoing change, working in an iterative and adaptive manner.
- Experience of running successful delivery using agile methodologies for both technology and business process improvements.
- Coaching and leadership skills in agile to enable upskilling and support for teams at the start of their agile transformation journey.
- Ability to thrive in a challenging environment, develop new skills and demonstrate a proactive approach to problem solving.
- Expert knowledge of Azure DevOps, Jira or similar Agile toolset.
About our Business
At SSE, we own more than 500 property assets and several thousand land assets, which are located across the length and breadth of the UK and Ireland. Our Procurement & Commercial, Property and Facilities Management teams are responsible for helping the business to procure services and materials in a timely and cost-effective way, and for ensuring SSE offers a safe, modern, fit-for-purpose property portfolio. We work right across the SSE Group, ensuring our businesses gets the best possible service and value from our supplier network, as well as ensuring all service providers are compliant and continue to meet contractual obligations and business need.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Fran on email@example.com / 01738 344763.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.