Job Type: Full time
About the Role
Base Location: Oxford
Salary: £26,609 - £30,472 + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time
We currently have an opportunity for a Warehouse Storeperson to join our Operations team at our Oxford Depot. You will assist the depot Resource Controller in the running of the depot by issuing stores, ordering and organising stock and assisting with the Facilities Management of the depot.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Raising and placing orders with suppliers, inventory control, care and maintenance of stock, order receipting, invoice processing, maintenance of stock records and warehouse management systems.
- Adhering to Health and Safety regulations in the warehouse.
- Maintaining site records including fork lift trucks and all other handling equipment to LOLER regulations.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Experience of working within a fast-paced purchasing and warehouse operation.
- A fork lift licence and experience in manual handling with COSHH awareness.
- The role will be office based, however will require regular travel to substations, sites, supplier locations and other SSE offices as required so a full driving license is essential.
About the business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.9 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 4,200 highly skilled people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital for the future. We power communities to thrive today and create a net zero tomorrow. Why not join us and help power change, we're looking for great people who love working with others to achieve great results. You'll be empowered to make the right decisions for our customers and have the space to take accountability for the work you do. You'll be working as part of a bigger team, enabling net zero, so team work will be essential. As a part of our business, you become part of something bigger – an established company with a reputation for looking after our people, offering secure and rewarding roles where safety is our number one priority.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Shirley on firstname.lastname@example.org / 01738 351976.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.