Location: Perth and Kinross, Reading, Renfrewshire
Job Type: Full time
About the Role
Base Location: Reading, Perth or Glasgow; other SSEN locations will be considered.
Salary: £44,195 - £50,611 + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
As an Analyst in the Asset Analysis team you will be an expert in using SSEN's asset information systems to drive insights and analysis to manage the risk, cost and performance of assets in our network. Our team is responsible for tracking network asset risk management, work order origination and asset intervention models which span the entire asset lifecycle.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- You will have expert technical data skills and are able to stitch together asset and network information from a multitude of asset information systems seamlessly. With an innate sense of curiosity, you will investigate and analyse data trends, insights and anomalies, and create presentations that make it easy for senior leaders and stakeholders to digest the problem and act with certainty.
- Track the network risk performance of ED2 asset interventions and work with the wider Asset Management team to maximise the value of the capital delivery. This will involve working collaboratively with other business units, understanding the impact of asset interventions and providing assurance that our ED2 capital delivery meets the targets set by Ofgem.
- Develop a deep understanding of the inspection and maintenance program and be able to identify opportunities to improve delivery efficiency and reduce operational expenditure. You will also be responsible for the issuing of work orders in Maximo and ensuring that SSEN is able to deliver the inspection and maintenance program on-time and on-budget.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Relevant degree (Bachelors/ Masters/ PhD) in a Science, Technology, Engineering, and Maths (STEM) subject; or experience in an Asset Management team at a regulated industry.
- Data analysis experience with large and disparate datasets using Excel, SQL and Power BI. Familiarity with Python, R or another data analytics programming language is a plus.
- Effective communication skills to present data insights and analysis recommendations to senior leaders and key stakeholders so they can make data-led decisions.
- The ability to act as a data translator between operational / technical staff and IT so that asset information systems stay relevant and fit-for-purpose.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.9 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 4,200 highly skilled people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital for the future. We power communities to thrive today and create a net-zero tomorrow. Why not join us and help power change, we're looking for great people who love working with others to achieve great results. You'll be empowered to make the right decisions for our customers and have the space to take accountability for the work you do. You'll be working as part of a bigger team, enabling net-zero, so team work will be essential. As a part of our business, you become part of something bigger – an established company with a reputation for looking after our people, offering secure and rewarding roles where safety is our number one priority.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Shirley on email@example.com / 01738 351976.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.