Location: Aberdeen City, Perth and Kinross, Renfrewshire
Job Type: Full time
SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £18 billion in low carbon projects to 2027, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
Join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
This is a rewarding role within SSE's Renewables IT team. Our Renewables Business strives to be the largest and most efficient developer of onshore and offshore wind in the UK and Ireland as well as developing our effective hydro fleet. We drive new growth by identifying, developing, building and operating high quality assets in GB, Ireland and Internationally. In order to contribute to a low carbon future, we have committed to treble our current Renewables output by 2030. You will join the SSE Renewables IT (SSER IT) team during a transformational period as we adopt more Agile ways of working, further enhanced by the adoption of DevOps.
About the Role
Base Location: Glasgow, Perth or Aberdeen
Salary: £49,559 - £56,757 + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
The IT Operations function is fundamental to enable consistent and reliable delivery and service to our Renewables customers. This role has a wide range of exposure across our Renewables business, which will include engagement with senior management and directors. This will include support of portfolio Roadmap planning, a keen eye on maintaining our finance position as well as a number of key Operational processes and procedures to keep the team running effectively.
Another key service is the provision of quality, timely data to the Value/Product Teams in support of delivering value to our business.
- Key member of the Operations Support Team assisting both the Leadership Team and the wider Renewables IT teams with the smooth running of the department.
- Technical ability to configure and develop SharePoint Sites, Power BI reporting and Azure Devops.
- To be able to communicate and drive change across teams.
- To be able to tie in the Portfolio view and Finance view for team and strategic evidence-based senior management reporting.
- Sound knowledge and experience in articulating value, benefit, opportunity & risk at portfolio and team levels.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Experience with Agile ways of working plus the configuration of and development of reports from complex datasets using Azure Devops/PowerBI Desktop/SharePoint O365 Office suite is essential. Experience of PowerApps and Forms would be ideal.
- Experience in project governance at project & portfolio level.
- Great communications skills across wide variety of stakeholder groups.
- Experience in developing improvements and automation in reporting.
- Great drive to support a wide range of stakeholders to help get things done, being flexible and proactive to support the team.
- Basic finance understanding of month end processing, raising purchase orders and budget cycle process.
About our Business
SSE IT underpins the technology needs of all the different businesses that make up the SSE group. From emerging technologies to data and analytics to cyber security - we power SSE's growth and enable it to generate value, while keeping it secure. As a trusted business partner that helps SSE lead in a low carbon world, we are proud of our service. Working for SSE IT is all about equipping SSE for now and the future.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact David on David.Brickell@sse.com / 01738 275846.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.