Land Consent Manager
Location: Argyll and Bute Council, Argyll and Bute Council, Argyll and Bute Council, Highland Council, Renfrewshire
Job Type: Full time
About the Role
Base Location: Oban, Fort William, Lochgilphead, Dunoon or Glasgow
Salary: £39,415 - £50,611 + car /car allowance + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
Our Land Consents Managers are a pivotal resource for the successful delivery of our project portfolio in order to support a net carbon zero future across our electricity distribution network. In this role you'll be responsible for securing, maintaining and managing robust land and property rights for underground cables, overhead lines and ground mounted plant on both public and privately-owned land.
You will also be;
- Devising consents strategies to ensure our capital investments projects are delivered on time, within budget and sustainably.
- Managing risk to future network security.
- Negotiating successful acquisition of wayleaves, servitudes, land purchases, lease agreements and access permissions.
- End to end management of compensation claims.
- Developing internal and external stakeholders to build positive working relationships.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills.
- Experience securing wayleaves, servitudes, land purchases, lease agreements and access permissions.
- Experience of working with key stakeholders, such as landowners, tenants, and their agents, local authorities, national agencies and the Scottish Government Energy Consents Unit.
- Sound knowledge of and application of land rights, planning processes and environmental legislation.
- A full, current driving licence.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.9 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 4,200 highly skilled people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital for the future. We power communities to thrive today and create a net-zero tomorrow. Why not join us and help power change, we're looking for great people who love working with others to achieve great results. You'll be empowered to make the right decisions for our customers and have the space to take accountability for the work you do. You'll be working as part of a bigger team, enabling net-zero, so team work will be essential. As a part of our business, you become part of something bigger – an established company with a reputation for looking after our people, offering secure and rewarding roles where safety is our number one priority.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact email@example.com / 01738 351698.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.