Lead Business Analyst
Location: Perth and Kinross, Portsmouth, Reading, Renfrewshire
Job Type: Full time
SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £18 billion in low carbon projects to 2027, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
Join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Glasgow, Perth, Reading or Havant.
Salary: £62,324 to £71,370 and a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
We have a brilliant opportunity for an experienced Lead IT Business Analyst to join our Service Management Platform team, to support the delivery of our Platform and Tooling Services and Transformation projects. In an exciting period of growth, we have an increasing number of complex and challenging change and transformation projects to develop and deliver. The Business analyst is a pivotal role in our Platform team so the successful candidate will play an important part in helping our transition towards New and continuous improvement within Service Now and other key Service Management owned tools.
Key to the role is to lead on business stakeholder management internal/external, manage expectations across multiple workstreams and business units, ensuring risk, legal, security and other compliance requirements are met.
- Forms judgements based on logical conclusions that have been drawn from available facts.
- Accurately visualises and clearly articulates proposed solutions to business problems provided by design team to business areas.
- A proactive approach with the ability to prioritise own and others’ workload within demanding schedules.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Excellent facilitation skills; ensures stakeholders reach agreement and develop effective work practices.
- Possesses excellent communication skills.
- Takes ownership of problems and requests from all interconnecting and interdependent workstreams, and maintains quality of work even in a pressurised environment.
- Excellent time management skills; able to effectively plans own and others’ time.
- Exhibits a confident and professional approach towards all aspects of the role.
- Excellent analysis and knowledge transfer skills to a proven professional level.
- A systematic, disciplined and analytical approach to problem solving.
What is the role
Leads on work with internal/external stakeholders to clarify requirements, plan implementation and answer queries through the development process.
- Marshals and documents requirements for the subsequent identification of an appropriate solution and the detailed design of a business process to accommodate it.
- Oversees the management and development of the Business Analyst team in line with the goals of the manager.
- Leads on many large/complex business analysis projects and ensures that all workstreams progress in a timely manner, towards the common goal.
- Have multi skilled capabilities to work across both IT and Business change and adoption.
- Plans, prioritises, manages, executes and evaluates analysis work on multiple complex projects and/or critical projects.
- Works with internal/external stakeholders to understand and prioritise conflicting needs.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Experience from a similar support or development role in supporting business critical/complex systems in a large organisation and demonstrates an all-encompassing breadth and depth of knowledge.
- Advantageous experience would include Service management platform knowledge such as Service Now, CMDB, Snow, Qualys.
- Proven experience with both business and IT change projects, with managing multiple workstreams.
- Experience in ITIL principles (people, process, technology) when it comes to migrating business critical platform and tool/s into new instances or transition to cloud.
- Proven experience with stakeholder management working across multiple functions both internal, external partners and 3rd party vendors.
About our Business
SSE IT underpins the technology needs of all the different businesses that make up the SSE group. From emerging technologies to data and analytics to cyber security - we power SSE's growth and enable it to generate value, while keeping it secure. As a trusted business partner that helps SSE lead in a low carbon world, we are proud of our service. Working for SSE IT is all about equipping SSE for now and the future.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact David.Brickell@sse.com / 01738 275846.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.