Location: Argyll and Bute Council
Job Type: Full time
SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £18 billion in low carbon projects to 2027, our SSE Renewables (SSER) business continues to be at the forefront of our growth plans, and our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come. We are proud to be playing a critical role in the net zero transition, as we aim to more than treble the net capacity in operation to 13GW and grow renewable energy output five-fold to over 50TWh over the next 10 years.
About the Role
Base Location: Sloy Power Station
Salary: £31,339 - £35,892 + performance-related bonus + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time
The multi-disciplined team in the Sloy Awe group is responsible for the day to day operation, maintenance, and repair of our Hydro generation plant to ensure it is safe and efficient. We're looking for an experienced Mechanical Craftsperson to be an important member of the team.
Your duties will include:
- Carrying out Mechanical maintenance including repair and project work.
- Conducting routine inspections and checks to ensure our equipment and fixed plant is kept to a high standard of operational effectiveness.
- Completing risk assessments and environmental and safety inspections.
- Working closely with other team members to support mechanical maintenance and report any operational defects.
What do I need?
You'll be a practical person with great teamworking skills. You'll be interacting with the public and colleagues so good communication skills are also essential.
We would also love you to bring:
- An electrical or multi-skilled craft background, and ideally with experience working on heavy rotating machinery. You'll be trained on operating our generation plant.
- A minimum qualification of NVQ Level 3, City and Guilds, or equivalent craft apprenticeship.
- A good level of computer literacy - we'll train you to use our maintenance scheduling and reporting software.
- A flexible attitude to all aspects of work. It's likely that you'll work outside in varied weather conditions, and outside of your usual working hours from time to time.
- A full driving licence is essential, and a first aid qualification would be advantageous.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Pamela on email@example.com. / 01738 342002
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.