Tree Cutting Team Manager
Location: Angus Council, Dundee City Council, Perth and Kinross
Job Type: Full time
About the Role
Base Location: Perth or Dunblane and Arbroath or Dundee
Salary: £39,415 - £45,136 (depending on skills and experience) + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
We invest millions of pounds every year to make sure that our network is in the best condition possible to minimise the risk of power cuts and to ensure the safety of the public. During high winds and storms, trees can contact our equipment and cause power cuts, and so we cut them down or trim them back to keep the lights on. As well as installing the latest technologies and carrying out regular maintenance, we have our in-house tree-cutting team to make sure that trees and vegetation are kept away from our overhead lines and equipment.
We are seeking a Team Manager to lead our team in the Tayside region who will take overall responsibility for all tree cutting activities within that area. This includes managing an operational team who maintain trees and vegetation in proximity to the Distribution network on a cyclical basis as well as all ad-hoc tree cutting works.
Key accountabilities of the role
- Responsibility to deliver a programme of work, utilising internal Surveyors and Utility Arborists, on time and below budget.
- Management of a large team of internal staff, ensuring they have the tools, training, and PPE to carry out the work safely.
- Carry out safety engagements with staff to maintain an excellent safety culture, briefing them on safety incidents and alerts.
- Work within a management team to drive innovation and new ways of working, enabling staff to work as efficiently as possible
- Provide Customers with a high level of customer service, resolving any complaints and negotiating work on vegetation near the distribution network.
What do I need?
- High regard for safety, embedding yourself in our safety culture and adhering to guidelines in everything you do is a key priority.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise and plan work efficiently within a large geographical area.
- Ability to lead and motivate team members to perform at their best.
- Possess a working knowledge of Microsoft software both on PC and Mobile Device.
- Great communication and presentation skills dealing with internal and external stakeholders.
- You will be expected to work away from home occasionally. Due to the travel requirement within this job, a full and current UK driving licence is a requirement
- The perfect candidate for this position would have prior experience in the Arboriculture and/or Power Distribution industries but would not be required to be successful.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact email@example.com / 01738 341105.