Location: Dorset, England, Greater London, Hampshire, Oxfordshire, Reading, Somerset, Swindon, Wiltshire, Wiltshire
Job Type: Full time
Base Location: Poole, New Forest, Yeovil, Salisbury, Hampshire, West London, Slough, Reading, Swindon, Melksham or Oxford
Salary: Circa £50k OTE
- Base salary: £31,339 - £35,892 + overtime & standby payments.
What we provide:
- The opportunity to be productive straight away.
- All tools and PPE required for the role.
- Access to a company vehicle.
- A skills-based pay matrix so your salary increases as you develop your skills.
- Opportunity to earn overtime.
- Career stability within a sustainable industry with on-going progression opportunities.
- On joining you will also have access to range of other benefits to support your family, finances, and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
Our teams are growing whilst also achieving great results, and you could be part of this exciting and challenging business that provides job security and the opportunity to develop.
SSEN are currently looking for experienced Cable Jointers to join our Southern Electric Power Distribution team.
A Cable Jointer is at the heart of our network, helping us to power change. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidates to develop an exciting career and further authorisation within SSE.
The role will include:
- Working on our HV & LV Network, carrying out jointing, cabling and excavation work on a pre-planned and quick response basis
- Being responsible for the safety of yourself and colleagues, and acting as an ambassador for a strong safety culture in everything you do.
- This role can be demanding, and you'll also be required to respond quickly to any emergency situations that may arise as we want to provide the best possible service to our customers in their time of need.
- Working outdoors in all weather conditions with a requirement to undertake out of hours standby duties and short notice attendance for storm situations.
- Acting as a strong ambassador for SSE Power Distribution, providing excellent customer service at all times.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- DNO Industry in UK or overseas with a recognised cable jointing qualification in either LV, HV, 11kV or 33kV from a recognised training school, along with a proven track record in construction, repair and operation of electrical plant and equipment up to 11kV on DNO networks and should have a sound HV and LV electrical knowledge.
- A flexible approach to complete out of hours stand-by duties and attend short notice work in the event of severe weather.
- A high regard for safety, embedding yourself in our safety culture and adhering to guidelines in everything you do is a key priority, strong communication skills and an ability to convey technical aspects in a transferable manner, enthusiasm and drive with a flexible approach to work and an ability to adapt to changing business and project priorities.
- Carrying out excavation of joint holes with hand tools and using a mini excavator, for which training can be provided should it be required.
- It is an essential requirement you have a full UK driving licence.
Even if you don’t have all the qualifications then we would still love to hear from you as we can provide you with industry relevant training and hands on experience to help you gain the skills and qualifications required to be successful with SSE.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Robert.Clark@sse.com / 01738 341105.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.