Senior Civil Project Manager
Location: Aberdeen City, Highland Council, Perth and Kinross, Renfrewshire
Job Type: Full time
SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £20.5 billion in low carbon projects to 2027, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come. We are proud to be playing a critical role in the net zero transition, as we aim to more than treble the net capacity in operation to 13GW and grow renewable energy output five-fold to over 50TWh over the next 10 years.
About the Role
Base Location: Flexible Scotland, however our preference is that you will be based in one of our key Scottish sites, which includes but is not limited to:- Glasgow, Perth, Aberdeen and Inverness.
Salary: £63,000 - £94,400 depending on skills and experience + car / allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
As Senior Civil Project Manager, you’ll be responsible for the delivery of the main civil works package for the Coire Glas Pumped Storage project, located near Invergarry in the Highlands of Scotland. This will include all underground caverns and tunnels, a significant dam structure with associated control works, as well as several km of buried 400KV cables connecting the power cavern to the National Grid. You’ll ensure that all components of this fantastic project are delivered safely, in a timely and cost-effective manner, and to a high quality in line with the Large Capital Project framework.
Some of your other main accountabilities will include;
- Ensuring all project works are managed safely in line with SSE’s safety family principles, whilst working with others to develop new initiatives to improve health & safety on all working environments.
- The delivery of all necessary LCP Gate requirements to support the project moving into the construction phase.
- The management of all civil package resources, processes, systems, controls and associated reporting.
- Maintaining clear and effective communication channels with all project managers, senior management, consenting, engineering, finance, legal, procurement and delivery teams in order to ensure that there is consistency in the way we develop Coire Glas.
- Working closely with the Operations teams as required for the lifetime of the project.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Extensive experience of delivering large civil engineering projects
- Significant involvement in commercial and technical negotiations that form part of delivering large engineering projects.
- Proven success in managing teams with a wide range of expertise and ability.
- A solid understanding of the key drivers for civil engineering project business cases, including communicating and justifying project needs
- A high level of competency in affectively negotiating and influencing with senior level stakeholders.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Pamela on firstname.lastname@example.org./ 01738 342002
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.