Network Modelling and Simulation Engineer
Location: Perth and Kinross
Job Type: Full time
About the role
Base Location: Perth
Salary: £44,195 - £50,611 + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
The Transmission Network Modelling and Simulation engineer key responsibilities are:
- Provide Offline and Online Study Support – act as expert support for our power system analysis tools in our engineering functions within the control room.
- Power System Training Simulator Support – work with our technical support and training team to run simulated scenarios for training and development of our teams.
- Maintain Real Time and Future Models - ensure that Transmission modelling data is available as required in time for implementation on the various timescales of our work.
- Operational Systems – use of Energy Management SCADA and data retrieval systems to build knowledge and prepare training materials.
- Team Workload Support – working across our teams to assist in other areas where modelling and analysis skills are required.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Further education in electrical engineering or similar disciplines with relevant experience
- Awareness of the company role within the electricity industry and familiarity with power system analysis software, such as PSSE, PSCAD or Power Factory.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft tools, such as Excel, Word and Power Bi and willingness to extend these to a high level of expertise.
- Ability to analyse and solve problems through logical analysis and collaboration with others.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy and have a rigorous approach to work and commitment to providing consistently high levels of service.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to consolidate and present data from multiple sources in a professional manner.
- Experience in delivery of training and support materials.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact email@example.com / 01738 344049.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.
#LI-Hybrid OR #LI-Onsite