Location: Aberdeen City, Highland Council, Perth and Kinross, Renfrewshire, Shetland Islands
Job Type: Full time
About the Role
Base Location: Glasgow, Perth, Aberdeen or Inverness with regular travel on-site to Shetland
Salary: £38,700 - £58,100 + Performance-Related Bonus + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
SSEN Transmission has an opportunity for a Site Construction Manager (Overhead Line). The role is initially required on a major project in the North of Scotland where we are designing and building a Grid Supply Point (GSP) in Lerwick which in addition to the GSP will have a 24km double circuit 132kV OHL and UGC connection to the Kergord HVDC converter station. These works are critical in ensuring safe performance of our network and allowing the connection of Shetland to the main GB grid for the first time.
The key duties & responsibilities will be:
- Represent the SSEN Transmission business on-site and be the key site-based point of contact, this will also include interfacing with contractors, SSENT HVDC Link project personnel and SSE Renewables Viking Wind Farm project personnel.
- Ensure the project is executed in accordance with relevant requirements, particularly relating to statutory and legal obligations, Health and Safety, Construction (Design and Management) Regulations, Quality & technical compliance, personnel and industrial relations.
- Work closely with the appointed contractor(s) and the operations team to ensure the works are delivered to the project programme, in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
- Ensure site activities comply with planning consents and SHE legislation, and routine reports and KPIs are submitted to the Project Manager.
- Develop effective relationships with contractors, suppliers and the community, acting as a leader on site and champion for a positive safety culture.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Previous on-site experience working on the construction, maintenance and commissioning of High Voltage substation equipment (including Overhead Lines).
- Working knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation and CDM 2015 Regulations - ideally within a High Voltage electricity construction environment.
- Experience working with multiple Contractors/Sub Contractors in a site-based environment to drive construction activities to time and budget.
- Previous on-site supervisory or management experience for large construction projects and an understanding of quality requirements and experience in monitoring inspection and test plans.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to challenge others along with experience in resolving conflicts and planning site activities.
Please note, a full current driving licence is essential due to the requirement to travel to and be on site.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Debbie on email@example.com/ 01738 342939.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.