Location: Aberdeen City, Highland Council, Perth and Kinross, Renfrewshire
Job Type: Full time
SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £20.5 billion in low carbon projects to 2027, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
So join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Glasgow, Perth, Inverness, Aberdeen
Salary: £62,324 - £71,370 + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
As Portfolio Manager, you'll be responsible for managing an internal PMO team that supports 2 large delivery programmes.
Key responsibilities for this role will include:
- Monitor the portfolio of projects and programmes from inception to closure, ensuring delivery is on time, within budget, minimising potential risks and assessing to make sure it meets all strategic objectives.
- Ensure the quality and accuracy of portfolio reporting to governance forums and senior management is the agreed reporting timetable.
- Assist in the development of project management methods, systems, tools and techniques, in particular ADO for Agile project delivery.
- Build and develop a high performing team through the provision of regular and ongoing development, coaching and mentoring.
- Build, facilitate and maintain strong internal and external stakeholder relationships via engagement in governance forums and liaison with stakeholders and management on project and programme methodologies and standards.
- Delegate for the Planning & Controls Lead where required.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Significant Programme/Portfolio Office experience with previous experience of managing and leading a team.
- Be familiar with structured project management methodologies and a good understanding of the end-to-end project delivery lifecycle, for both Waterfall and Agile delivery.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to effectively plan your own and others' time.
- Have a flexible approach with the ability to work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines and/or changing priorities in a high pressure environment.
- Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating with the ability to create a high-performance environment.
- Excellent organisational skills with strong written and oral communication skills.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Laura on firstname.lastname@example.org / 01738 341814.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.