HVAC Project Manager
Location: Aberdeen City, Highland Council, Perth and Kinross, Renfrewshire
Job Type: Full time
About the Role
Base Location: Flexible Scotland | We're proud to offer a Flexible First approach to work, and this role is no exception. We will, however need your base 'home' location to be one of our SSEN offices or depots around Scotland.
Salary: £45,400 - £68,200 + car /car allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
The HVAC Project Manager is responsible for managing the contractor for the installation of the HVAC systems within the construction of the EGL2 Lot 1 Convertor Station project to completion. They will have the following responsibilities:
- Develop project plans, including scope, schedule, and budget (monitoring budgets, expenses and resource allocation). Identify project objectives, requirements, and constraints while leading and mentoring project teams, including HVAC technicians, engineers, subcontractors, and support staff.
- Implement quality control processes and inspections to ensure that HVAC systems meet design specifications and industry standards plus ensuring all necessary permits and regulatory compliance are obtained and adhered to throughout the project.
- Maintain regular communication with clients, addressing concerns, providing project updates, negotiating contracts and managing expectations. Ensure client satisfaction throughout the project lifecycle.
- Maintain accurate project documentation, including progress reports, change orders, and project files.
- Enforce safety protocols and best practices to maintain a safe working environment and identify potential risks and develop mitigation strategies. Address any issues that may arise during the project.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or a related field and relevant industry certifications, such as PMP (Project Management Professional) or HVAC certifications.
- Proven experience in HVAC project management and extensive knowledge of HVAC systems, installation, and industry best practices.
- Demonstrable project management skills including the ability to create and manage project schedules, budgets, and resources and proficiency in project management software and tools.
- Exceptional communication, organisation and leadership skills as well as strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Knowledge of building codes, regulations, and safety standards.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact email@example.com / 01738 342939.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.