Location: England, Greater London, Hampshire, Reading, Swindon, Wiltshire
Job Type: Full time
About the Role
Base Location: Swindon, Melksham, Andover, Slough, West London, Reading or Theale
Salary: £44,195 - £50,611 + car/cash allowance + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time, 37 Hours | Flexible Working options available
We are looking for a CMI Designer to join our team!
As a CMI (Construction, Maintenance and Inspection) Designer you will be working as part of our project refinement team responsible for a portfolio of work.
You’ll be required to complete site visits across SSEN’s South Distribution Network, liaising with all stakeholders to ensure the scheme you are working on is fully compliant and feasible for delivery.
You'll ensure that all network alterations driven by our CAPEX and OPEX Investment can be constructed safely, cost effectively and to SSEN’s Policies and Procedures.
This is an exciting opportunity as you will be at the forefront of enabling the SSE to meet its Net Zero ambitions.
Roles & responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- A variety of network alterations, refurbishments, and wayleave terminations from LV cables, 11kV distribution sub stations up to and included 33kV poles.
- Liaise with customers, land agents, local authorities, and SSE colleagues to achieve a fit for purpose design, this will include visiting site.
- Identifying archaeology, ecological, environmental concerns and other land designations prior to works starting.
- Producing design deliverables (drawings, documents, access package and PCI’s) to be ready for handover with construction team. All deliverables are to be produced using SSEN’s Design Standards.
- Acting as Principal Designer you will ensure all schemes handed to delivery are CDM compliant, reducing and mitigating all health and safety risks.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have.
- Organisational skills and the ability to work quickly, accurately, and independently whilst under pressure.
- Knowledge and experience in the design/consents/construction of new cable routes, new overhead lines, network refurbishment, plant replacement and alterations on the LV to 33kV networks would be advantageous.
- An HNC or relevant experience in a similar field is desirable although not essential.
- Knowledge of CDM regulations and experience of working with the NRSWA code of practice.
- IOSH or similar health and safety qualification would be advantageous.
Regular travel is required and as a result we can only accept applications from candidates that hold a current driving licence.
About the Department
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net-zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any flexible working requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org / 01738 344051.
Before starting employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.