Asset Performance Engineer
Location: County Dublin, Perth and Kinross, Reading, Renfrewshire, West Yorkshire
Job Type: Full time
About our Business
SSE Thermal is on a mission to deliver the flexible energy needed today while powering the transition to net zero. Our 600+ employees play a crucial role in keeping the lights on across the UK and Ireland and we're rising to the low-carbon challenge with our teams at the cutting-edge of vital technologies. We're developing ground-breaking carbon capture and storage projects and progressing plans for what could be the world's first hydrogen-fired power station, as well as a major hydrogen storage facility and exploring other exciting options as we decarbonise. We've already achieved a lot - but we're just getting started. As part of SSE, which is investing £24bn this decade, we're at the forefront of the energy transition - so come join us as we continue to grow and power change.
To find out more, read this blog from Catherine Raw, our Managing Director, on our critical role in delivering net zero.
About the Role
Base Location: Flexible, however our preference is that you will be based at one of our key sites, which includes: Glasgow, Perth, Leeds, Dublin and Reading | We're proud to offer a Flexible First approach to work, and this role is no exception.
Salary: £45,200 - £68,200 + performance-related bonus + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
as Asset Performance Engineer, your main role will be to support the Senior Asset Performance Engineer in co-ordinating the operational asset management obligations linked to ISSO 55001, outage excellence and maintenance excellence activities across all Thermal Power Stations and our Gas Storage business, ensuring each plant operates safely and complies with all statutory legislation.
- Maintain high standards in Safety, Health, and Environmental performance and ensure that work scheduling and safe systems of work align with the operations and maintenance strategy.
- Contribute to SSE Thermal strategic direction, Supporting the Asset Performance Senior Engineer to ensure best practice and the Asset Integrity Framework as developed by the Thermal Engineering and Asset Management Team is delivered.
- Assist in the delivery of all Outage Excellence principles as defined by the Asset Management Group.
- Support with the overall O&M Digital Delivery including; the implementation of a strategy to digitise operator routines, contribute to the review how inventory reporting and management can be digitally optimised across the fleet, assist with the installation and commissioning of robotic systems within selected sites.
- Contribute to the review of Thermal Generation SHE Critical Asset Lists.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Engineering or Business appropriate qualification, equivalent experience will also be considered.
- Experience operating within an Asset organisation ideally with a Utilities background with a good overall understanding of Asset Management activities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with effective communication skills at all levels and within high pressure situations.
- Advanced report writing skills.
- High organisational capabilities to deliver quality work to the agreed timescales.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Hannah - Hannah.firstname.lastname@example.org / 01738 341147
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.